Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Apr 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
will1888
Gone all Goofy

Alamo Brits Luxury SUV for £136.79 in total for 2 weeks

Just booked a luxury SUV for 2 weeks for £136.79 total from SFB arriving 18th May 2018 on alamo brits.

Online check in also completed.

MCO also available.

I will give it a week before I cancel my Hertz booking.

Hope it helps someone.

Edited at 09:37 PM.
will1888 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wow, what a deal, cheaper than a compact.

However I have bad news for you. It's just dropped another 16p. Quick, rebook it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

That’s one hell of a glitch! Just checked myself as that seems too good to be true and it’s come up as £137.60!

The next cheapest car is a compact for £259.74 ... so it obviously is a glitch.

Full size SUV is coming up at £513.66 for heavens sake.

Looks like you’ve dropped on there ... nice one for sharing. I’m tempted to book myself at that price even though we’re not going then!
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Glitch now gone.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked my bookingfor next week and whilst the same deal is not available a premium suv (X3 or similar) has dropped to only 100 More than I have paid for standard suv.

Anyone know what the current premium suv would be?

I thought premium was suburban not 5 seater X3. Although I would be veryhappy with a BMW.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

What type of car is a luxury suv?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
To answer the above posts ref SUV's

Premium SUV's are hardly ever available. They tend to be BMW X3 or an Audi Q3. Normally I see them in the Luxury car row mixed in. But a lot of the time they aren't there

Luxury SUV's are invariably a Cadillac Escalade or Infiniti QX80, hardly ever see a Navigator there now.

I'm fortunate in that I know the staff there and the Manager in the kiosk will always let me have anything no matter what I have booked for $10 a day. I don't bother though.

Edited at 07:33 AM.
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To answer the above posts ref SUV's

Premium SUV's are hardly ever available. They tend to be BMW X3 or an Audi Q3. Normally I see them in the Luxury car row mixed in. But a lot of the time they aren't there

Luxury SUV's are invariably a Cadillac Escalade or Infiniti QX80, hardly ever see a Navigator there now.

I'm fortunate in that I know the staff there and the Manager in the kiosk will always let me have anything no matter what I have booked for $10 a day. I don't bother though.
Tom having looked at the US Alamo site an X3 is a premium elite and a premium is a suburban. Strange the brits site is saying X3 for premium. Do you think the likely scenario noting what you said about availability then would be a suburban or upgrade to luxury? It is cheaper than a full size upgrade.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Tom having looked at the US Alamo site an X3 is a premium elite and a premium is a suburban. Strange the brits site is saying X3 for premium. Do you think the likely scenario noting what you said about availability then would be a suburban or upgrade to luxury? It is cheaper than a full size upgrade.
Mmm. Difficult to say sorry. You are right about the Premium Elite as that's how I picked up one of those small Cadillac SUV things.
I would say the Suburban is more likely.

I'm looking at my photos now that I took in March and the Full size row had no Yukons or Suburbans at all. In fact they weren't even in the garage.
The Full size was as follows.
Armada x 2
Expedition
Cadillac XT5
Escalade x 2
Tahoe x 2
Infinity QX80

So any of those were up for grabs.

Old 20 Apr 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonlad
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

hi tom i hope they got expedition or escalade when we get there on 2nd may i see we there are same time as you, enjoy you holiday

Edited at 09:02 AM.
swintonlad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List