Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 May 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Definitely no more TC Sundown check in

Not sure if this has already been covered but I had an email from TC yesterday stating that because of the new security arrangements for US bound flights, we need to arrive at Manchester airport ‘in plenty of time’ and that Sundown Check in will no longer be available. I know there was some confusion regarding this a week or so ago.
Sorry if this has already been covered in a previous thread xx

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrew & Chris
Getting Excited

Mobile

I have had a phone call from Thomas Cook, asking if I haved had the email, and confirmed that due to new TSA rules , extra security checks are being implemented,and there is a letter for me in store with all the details.
Andrew & Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
anniewomble
Helping Minnie

We are flying from Gatwick in August with Thomas Cook and have also been told this. We also have priority passes which meant we would be able to check in quicker (just one of the perks). My husband queried this and Thomas Cook replied that there is only one desk for all customers, economy, economy with priority pass and premium economy. We actually got the priority pass for free due to an early issue with Thomas Cook but I’d be really annoyed if I’d paid extra, especially premium economy!
anniewomble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anniewomble View Post
We are flying from Gatwick in August with Thomas Cook and have also been told this. We also have priority passes which meant we would be able to check in quicker (just one of the perks). My husband queried this and Thomas Cook replied that there is only one desk for all customers, economy, economy with priority pass and premium economy. We actually got the priority pass for free due to an early issue with Thomas Cook but I’d be really annoyed if I’d paid extra, especially premium economy!
Oh, yes. I can see how that would be annoying. I think there will now be a separate check in desk for every flight, rather than a general desk for all TC psssengers. This is what the email said

We’re looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with Thomas Cook Airlines very soon.

Your journey starts at the airport, and we have some important information to share with you regarding check-in. The Transport Security Administration (TSA) in the US has implemented additional security measures that all airlines must comply with. As a result, your flight will depart from a specific desk at the airport, rather than our communal check-in area. Look out for the desk numbers on the departures notice board when you arrive at the airport.

This additional baggage screening may take a little longer than usual, so please do take the opportunity to arrive at the airport in plenty of time to help us get you through this process as quickly as possible.

As a result of the new requirements, we are no longer able to offer the Sundown Check-In service on our US flights. The last service will be on Sunday 20th May, for flights departing on Monday 21st of May 2018.

Have a great flight and we look forward to welcoming you on board very soon.

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Angeshall
Trying for More Ears

We fly next Monday, so (lucky) will still be able to use it next Sunday! Sad for all those who have booked airport hotels the night before on the basis of doing sundown check in.

We still need to return in the morning to collect boarding passes and have been advised to take ‘get there early’.
Angeshall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

For those travelling with BA or virgin twilight check in is still available - so it can't all be down to the US rules some of it will be how the other operators have chosen to implement them (save money more than likely)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Tui told us that you cannot book in the night begore on 2018/19 holidays anymore
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We've had this email as well we go August from Gatwick
Old 13 May 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by anniewomble View Post
I sent a message on Facebook on Friday to Thomas Cook Airlines who replied saying said premium would still have a separate check in. I guess I’ll know in 2 weeks time.
Old 14 May 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Tui also told us that they no longer offer the twilight check in they gave the same reason.

My guess is that slowly but surely this service will no longer be offered across the board

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List