Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dibdon
Earning My Ears

Mobile How much did you pay for Easter flights ?

This is the first time I'm looking at booking diy.
If you're willing to share could you let me know how much you have paid for your Easter flights in previous years.
Ideally from London to orlando/ Tampa direct or indirect.
When is the best time to book is it 11 months out or later.
Sorry for all the questions, thanks for all your help 😀
dibdon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Watching with interest! . Im seeing in-direct for around £540 (dub transfer) so wondering if this is around about right... xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyTillIDie
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Yep, we paid £520 each indirect from lhr - charlotte- mco. In 2016. We booked 7months out.
DisneyTillIDie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jampxx
Excited about Disney

Lgw to Tampa BA
Miami to LH BA
Direct
Car included
£2700 two adults two children
Not travelling on Fridays, Mondays or Weekends but get 15 days in Florida
Booked a couple of weeks ago
For some reason including the car dropped the price by £400.
jampxx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jampxx
Excited about Disney

To add, as this ends up being a BA holiday it can be secured with a deposit of £300. This was worth more to me over 11 months than waiting for a small price drop.
jampxx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

We booked on 28/5/17 for Easter 18 (2 weeks sat-sat of school holidays).
We paid just under £560 each Manchester-Tampa via Atlanta. Flying Virgin/Delta including meals, seats, luggage.
Booked through netflights.
The week previous I had seen better man-mia via Dublin, but missed them they were £460. When you see something you like, don't hesitate because they go quick
Old 15 May 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

3rd-24th Apr paid £900 PE return, but economy direct return was £753 or £680 return if you came back day after
Booked just over a year in advance as I like a particular set of seats and from exp. it seems the seat choice in PE/Econ really starts to go down at <11 mths on the decent flights 👍
Never ever regretted booking at a year out and still never seen it cheaper yet, and I hate arriving anywhere late at night when everyone is shattered which the really cheap flights sometimes tend to do

I always book (after watching/monitoring) when I see a price I’m happy with as they don’t stay for long - you have to book it sharpish

If I was looking for indirect/not MCO etc. I’d definitely wait until nearer the time to book as you’ll likely pick up a better bargain

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention is that a lot of the late booking/cheap packages in school hols seemed to be for 14 nights and therefore we could never snap those deals up as we like more than 12 days there

Edited at 07:16 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Just to add to this netflights had Man/dub/mco for £549 today. Tried to book but site kept crashing. I called them direct and the lady told me they shouldn’t have been on there yet as aer lingus had not released return prices. But she was sure they would be on properly in 24/48 hours and to keep checking. I nearly had them booked 😂😂

I should probably add that this was for 6th - 20th April.

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdon
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thank you so much for all your replies x
dibdon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We paid £300 each, leeds-london-charlotte-tampa - was done over three days and for the price would definitely do it again. Booked about 8 weeks before we went. Usually book as flights open, and pay about £400 each for indirect (single stop) flights.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List