Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Any preference? June /July 2019

Finally unsubscribed from the glitch thread for july/aug 2018 - accepted we are not going (even though officially we were never considering this year ) and booked a week in Norfolk Nt sure whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway now looking at next July possibly later part of june depending on Alevel/ Btec exam dates (not sure when they will come out).

Not doing Disney this time - wondering if there are any advantages going late June rather than early July (possibly 3/4 weeks)? will flights be cheaper in June or wont it matter if out of school holiday dates?

I know it will be busy & hot - Usually go easter or August

Any advice or tips? Flying pref from gatwick - not in a hurry to book flights though unless a super duper bargain comes up
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 07:50 AM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
GCSE/BTEC results are usually third Thursday in August, A level results second Thursday.

Our two are doing A levels and GCSE's now and whilst we've only been looking over the past month (so may have missed out on earlier glitches for June/July) prices appear to be very good to mid June with TUI/Thomas Cook/Norwegian but then rise for the last week of June onwards, rising sharply again in the last week July. As the exams don't finish for mine until the 19th June, and then there's proms/end of Year things going on that they don't want to miss, we are stuck with end June, when accommodation costs are just as high if not higher.

So my advice would be if you know your dates (and have the cash/credit) to book the day that Norwegian release for the best prices. And subscribe to next year's JUly/August thread: this year's sweet spot is Manchester/Miami, but next year's could be somewhere closer to London.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
GCSE/BTEC results are usually third Thursday in August, A level results second Thursday.

Our two are doing A levels and GCSE's now and whilst we've only been looking over the past month (so may have missed out on earlier glitches for June/July) prices appear to be very good to mid June with TUI/Thomas Cook/Norwegian but then rise for the last week of June onwards, rising sharply again in the last week July. As the exams don't finish for mine until the 19th June, and then there's proms/end of Year things going on that they don't want to miss, we are stuck with end June, when accommodation costs are just as high if not higher.

So my advice would be if you know your dates (and have the cash/credit) to book the day that Norwegian release for the best prices. And subscribe to next year's JUly/August thread: this year's sweet spot is Manchester/Miami, but next year's could be somewhere closer to London.
Thanks for the reply. I know results dates its just not had Btec/ A level exam dates confirmed yet. Ideally if we get those before a good price comes out we may posssibly go more into June if flights will be a saving (have a villa in mind but not booked yet as not sure what dates to book. although they have said they would move dates if no other bookings).

Will subscribe to July/ Aug thread for next year. We have been spoilt the last couple of trips getting business class boomerangs - so should be interesting flights
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin put their flight prices up to high season around June 21/22 so after that will certainly be more expensive
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jamieolivia15
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m pretty sure you can see exam dates now, or at least get a rough idea of when they end? A levels usually end around 20-25/26th June (having sat them myself and my sister sitting her ones next year). Gcse are done before a levels are.
jamieolivia15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jamieolivia15 View Post
I’m pretty sure you can see exam dates now, or at least get a rough idea of when they end? A levels usually end around 20-25/26th June (having sat them myself and my sister sitting her ones next year). Gcse are done before a levels are.
Hi thanks, yes I have checked rough dates but don't have a date for the B tech yet. Thing is can't even think of booking until I have exact dates. Mind you happy to go indirect so flights should be a problem.

Really just want to know if it would just be better to book the villa for July, or if there are any advantages to waiting for Exam dates and going in June ?
Old 28 May 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Well, Ive just provisionally booked a villa for first 3 weeks July 2019 ( with option to go for a week earlier, so last week in june) depending on flight prices and when we can get a good price for... fingers crossed
Old 28 May 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Omg Kim. We just literally spoke to Helen today about going again late June/ early July when exams over. If we can manage next year, it will have been 4 years since last trip. Definitely time for another visit
Let the planning begin
Old 28 May 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
Omg Kim. We just literally spoke to Helen today about going again late June/ early July when exams over. If we can manage next year, it will have been 4 years since last trip. Definitely time for another visit
Let the planning begin
Yay! go for it. We wont be doing Disney again but need to get back there
Gone for July to be safe as havent got definite dates for exams yet..will work around flight prices too.

can't believe it will be 4 years... time flies by
Ooo just noticed you have gained some ears

Edited at 09:33 PM.
Old 28 May 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Says you with your full row of gold ears. I had heard you had a full set now, well done. Too much dibbing, if that's even such a thing 😂