Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Starting to panic!

So we’re (hoping!) to go to Florida for our honeymoon next April (30th March-12th April, I’m a Teaching assistant so stuck with school holidays)

I’ve gone to book our flights this morning as they are now available and they are way more expensive than I was expecting! I was expecting to pay up to £1,500 for the 2 of us (the dummy booking I did for last year was £700!)

The hotel we’ve been looking at has always been at the £1000 mark but is currently at £2900!

Do I hold off booking anything? I can’t afford to pay those prices after a wedding!

Will virgin have a sale? Am I trying to book too early?

I’m worrying that brexit has something to do with it as our dates are bang on with brexit.

I need some advice from you lovely lot!
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Is it day of release today? I find they tend to drop back a few days after release.
Old 18 May 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It’s a couple of days after realease, worries about leaving it too long and not being able to get a flight
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Where are you seeking to fly from?

Are there other carriers besides Virgin for your route?

Which hotel are you seeking to book?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Flying from Manchester, we’ve got some air miles to use with virgin (not enough for a flight but enough for money off)

Ideally we would like one of the Marriott village hotels in LBV, stayed there a few times before and love it. We do have a couple of back ups if they don’t drop in price though.
Old 18 May 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

To save money in a flight you need to be flexible I don’t think I have ever seen Virgin chewspest even with miles etc. If I were you I would probably wait until Xmas sale from BA . In my experience (and I know others differ) booking very soon after flights come out is rarely the cheapest they will be. Go in to skyscanner and set an alert in the dates and route you want when the price drops you will get an email but you often need to act on it pretty quickly.

Your dates indirect with AA £565 BA £572 and Iceland £519

The BA flight is via DUB on the way out so you clear US immigration there which will save you much of the indirect time.

Or £516 with Virgin to Tampa

Edited at 07:16 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If that’s school holidays the maybe that’s why , but I thought Easter weekend was 19th April to 22nd April, my kids long grown out of school are the holiday times different. Whe. I made out booking for next year I wanted to avoid Easter that’s the only reason I know the dates
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I live in Sheffield and our Easter holidays are different next year, it’s one of the reasons I thought I might be a bit cheaper.

I’ll set up that alert on sky scanner, thank you.
Old 18 May 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneybumble3 View Post
I live in Sheffield and our Easter holidays are different next year, it’s one of the reasons I thought I might be a bit cheaper.

I’ll set up that alert on sky scanner, thank you.
I'm just over border in Rotherham and I'm sure our Easter holidays start 15th April here next year, I know this year ours started a week earlier than sheffields so I think you are out of holiday dates?
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Look at other flights rather than Virgin!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List