Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jules1508
Excited about Disney

Upgraded with Virgin Air Miles...thrilled

So today i thought i'd call virgin air miles to see if we would be able to upgrade our flights in January with our air miles. There is me and my cousin going and my daughter(for her 21st)... hubby staying at home to work and dog sit (hard life)

I have never used my air miles before apart from on the little red service so wasn't sure what to expect. Had to call virgin holidays to pay in full the flight part of the holiday, £1300 for the three of us.15 minutes later i am 105k miles and £120 per person lighter and we upgraded from econ to UC... chuffed to little bits

Not telling daughter until check in... should be hilarious Anyone any recommendation of good UC seats? TIA
jules1508 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by jules1508 View Post
So today i thought i'd call virgin air miles to see if we would be able to upgrade our flights in January with our air miles. There is me and my cousin going and my daughter(for her 21st)... hubby staying at home to work and dog sit (hard life)

I have never used my air miles before apart from on the little red service so wasn't sure what to expect. Had to call virgin holidays to pay in full the flight part of the holiday, £1300 for the three of us.15 minutes later i am 105k miles and £120 per person lighter and we upgraded from econ to UC... chuffed to little bits

Not telling daughter until check in... should be hilarious Anyone any recommendation of good UC seats? TIA
Well done, good deal. I would say 6A and 6K

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Yes 6a and 6k and 7a or k as well. What a fantastic 21st present! You’ll spoil her for life now 👍😊
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jules1508
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
Yes 6a and 6k and 7a or k as well. What a fantastic 21st present! You’ll spoil her for life now 👍😊
Def last and final big present ! Booked 6A,K,& 7A
jules1508 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lovely 😊
Old 19 May 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JammyDoja
Imagineer

brillaint upgrade! just checking how many miles PP you paid? Didint realise its that easy to upgrade your flights with virgin holidays with miles? Didnt even realise you could do it! guessing it was 35,600? Figuring out the best way to use the miles to go upperclass for our next flight.
Las Vegas 2011-Luxor/Florida 2011-International Palms
Florida 2012-Fantasy Villas/Florida 2014-Windsor Palms
JammyDoja is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Sounds like a fantastic deal for the 3 of you upper class!
Old 19 May 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice!

Makes me wonder if i need to start collecting virgin miles instead of ba. BA - there were no reward flights available. Even if there were i cant upgrade as i bought the "wrong" selling class. And even if i had the right selling class you can only upgrade 1 cabin.

280,000 miles and nothing i could use them for. What is the point.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done, this is a great deal - the only problem is having to travel economy in the future when you know how lovely it is through the curtain! When I called FC about using miles to upgrade they told me it could not be done, am now wondering where i went wrong - any suggestions welcome!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh what a lovely treat for you all !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List