Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great offer, I hope they do similar when I am ready to book the Disney part of our stay.
Old 26 May 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

I cancelled my Disney booking at the start of the week and rebooked with ATD as it was cheaper (even when factoring in the loss of deposit) and was getting $300 gift card.

Let's just say I'm gutted it's now $400

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DH has been telling me off for not making my mind up about who to book with and which hotel. He will be made up I waited now. They increased the gift card to 400$ and released a standard room at PO FQ saving us 300£. Double win!
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I have 2 queries;

How is the $400 gift card obtained?

Has anyone seen/got in writing the cancellation procedure; ie just the loss of deposit if far enough out?

Thanks guys.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
I have 2 queries;

How is the $400 gift card obtained?

Has anyone seen/got in writing the cancellation procedure; ie just the loss of deposit if far enough out?

Thanks guys.
Also interested to know this, I presume is a Disney gift card?
Old 27 May 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Also interested to know this, I presume is a Disney gift card?
Ive just sent them an email.
I will update tomorrow unless someone else comes along & knows the answers already.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Does anyone know if I book this, and then want to change dates, will I keep the gift card and also not get charged for the amendment?

Thanks
Old 28 May 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We sent them an email and they increased ours to $400. We missed out on the extra $100 by literally 4 hours so it was nice of them to up it.
Icing on the cake was they were about £700 cheaper than anywhere else at the time of booking too.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KSB8989
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by stu1901 View Post
Does anyone know if I book this, and then want to change dates, will I keep the gift card and also not get charged for the amendment?

Thanks
I rang twice and asked this over the weekend (!). On each occasion I was told that the $400 gift card will transfer over if we change the dates or hotel.

Also, each person I spoke to confirmed that amendments are free but are subject to availability/potential price increase if prices have risen since booking

Edited at 06:35 PM.
KSB8989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Although it doesn't cover the gift card element their terms and conditions can be found at the checkout stage of booking.
It reads to me that they will only impose charges made by Disney for amendments, which as far as I am aware is £40 if the price is the same or lower, but free if its more expensive.
Disney direct will also happily move gift cards as long as your new dates are within the offers original terms, so I read it that ATD would do the same.
I also phoned and asked some questions and they were very helpful and happy to put anything in writing for me.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List