Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

FREE Luggage Storage at the Mall

We have always paid a fee to store our luggage for the day after checking out of the Villa to spend our last day at the parks, now Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores Outlet Mall is offering FREE luggage storage for the day with Orlando Baggage Storage but bags must be pick up by 5 pm unless you have the cases delivered to the airport for an extra fee.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t be leaving my packed cases at a mall. What are you going to say at check in when they ask if you packed the bags, if they have been out of your sight or if anyone could have tampered with them?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I wouldn’t be leaving my packed cases at a mall. What are you going to say at check in when they ask if you packed the bags, if they have been out of your sight or if anyone could have tampered with them?
No different to leaving at a hotel in my opinion
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I think they will do their best to make sure your luggage stays very safe, after all this could be a good way to bring customers to the outlets for the last day and if anything went wrong it would be all over social media very quickly. It is a handy option and one we may look into in the future.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
You could put some cable ties on the case if concerned as you’d know if they had been opened.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Not taking away from your concern but do airlines even ask this anymore?
I haven't been asked any of these questions at check-in/bag drop for a good few years now and take quite a few domestic, European & US flights every year.

Edited at 11:03 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Most airlines have stopped asking those security questions at check-in now as it is very easy for anyone to answer them them the correct answers. All hold luggage goes through extensive screening in both the UK & USA which should detect anything untoward.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Not taking away from your concern but do airlines still even ask this?
I haven't been asked any of these questions at check-in/bag drop for a good few years now and take quite a few domestic, European & US flights every year.
I've been asked this year
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I've been asked this year
Strange isn't it; can honestly say it has probably been a good 5 years (or more?) since I've been asked a question of that nature!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

On my last trip from Man to MCO 3 weeks ago I was only carrying hand luggage but Thomas Cook asked me all the questions about who packed my bag, had it been out of my sight, any prohibited items in it, etc. No questioning on the return from MCO though.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List