Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

cyclops Is booking last minute possible for larger parties?

I don't know if I could do it but just out of interest, is waiting until a few weeks before possible for a party of 7?

Would there be any savings to be had?

I mean if the savings are a couple of hundred then it wouldn't be worth it but £500 or more would be food for thought.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

A massive amount of this would depend on your dates and therefore flight availability

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

My place has 4 bedrooms so can sleep up to 8. Whilst I get plenty of couples and small families, lots of my guests are extended families, or 2 families, or groups of friends going to play golf or parents of college sports teams, etc, so there is nothing unusual about 7. Also whilst some Dibbers might book 2 years in advance, Brits make up only 2% of visitors - 90% are from the US and many of them book within 2 months or so of travelling. I've hads lots of bookings with only a week or less to go. Therefore what you class as 'last minute' is actually quite normal. I would be shooting myself in the foot to offer discounts for 'late' bookings given that it is my main booking period. Furthermore with 7 in my place, rather than 2, there will be more wear and tear, more bedding used and more water consumed, so my costs if anything will be higher. How does that justify a discount? I can't see other local accommodation providers taking a different view. It is not difficult to book for 7, as it is only one villa, but not with a discount. 'Allocated on Arrival' type bookings mop up gaps in villa reservations, but are probably not booked late by the guests themselves.
When it comes to UK tour operators, like Tui or TC, then maybe they start to panic when they realise they are flying a half empty plane and are desperate to fill seats. I haven't noticed VA doing that though.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you can be flexible on departure airports and are prepared to go indirect then in my experience there are bargains to be had. It all depends on how flexible you can be.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
If you can be flexible on departure airports and are prepared to go indirect then in my experience there are bargains to be had. It all depends on how flexible you can be.
We are east Midlands based so can get to most airports within a few hours, I'm flexible with regards to indirect as the kids are older (youngest will be nearly 10) so not too fussy,

To be honest I've priced up car and accommodation and can get both for £1600 for the last 2 weeks in August, which I'm very happy with, I may just see what happens at release date and decide from there x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went last year for last 2 weeks in August (Well I think it was 16 nights) MAN-LHR-MIA and back MIA-ORD-MAN booked in the middle of June for £379 each with American Airlines.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List