Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cbro126
New Poster (3)

Mobile Spending money

Me and my partner (both 19) are going to Disney world for 2 weeks we’ve got park tickets for all the parks, flights and accommodation already. We have $3,500 dollars to spend is this enough?
cbro126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hiya,
We had about $250 a day for 2 adults and a toddler and we came home with money! You should be fine! We did a bit of shopping as well!
Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cbro126 View Post
Me and my partner (both 19) are going to Disney world for 2 weeks we’ve got park tickets for all the parks, flights and accommodation already. We have $3,500 dollars to spend is this enough?
yes it should be enough. Think that works out to $250 a day which should cover everything. Where are you staying and how do you intend to get to the parks etc
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hello. Yes that’s enough but a good tip is to save mall shopping until the last few days so you can’t be tempted to overspend early. I was young (a long time ago! ) my first Orlando trip with my DH and we put our money in daily envelopes and put any leftover into our ‘final day’ shopping envelope which started empty. This worked really well as I was saving all 12 days ready for day 13 at the Mall. Have a great trip!
Old 26 May 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hello. Yes that’s enough but a good tip is to save mall shopping until the last few days so you can’t be tempted to overspend early. I was young (a long time ago! ) my first Orlando trip with my DH and we put our money in daily envelopes and put any leftover into our ‘final day’ shopping envelope which started empty. This worked really well as I was saving all 12 days ready for day 13 at the Mall. Have a great trip!
Which is what we do, broadly speaking. We budget $100 per person per full day in resort (which has always been plenty) split into daily envelopes with any 'leftovers' moved into the last few days for shopping. Works well for us.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You have plenty, enjoy your holiday x
Old 26 May 18, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely enough money, we are taking that for 4 of us. Admittedly we aren't going to Disney or Universal but just spend to your means. Being there is enough, as long as you have enough for food that's the main thing. We have never taken a fortune but always had the best time creating loads of memories, that's what it's all about.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by cbro126 View Post
It most definitely is enough for many people to have a great time. Whether it's enough for you depends. If you plan to eat and shop in the way most do then absolutely fine

If you've got your heart set on buying 5 new coach handbags, new wardrobes of designer clothes for you both and only eating character breakfasts for 14 days and table service for every meal then it might be tight (but so will your waistband by the end of that)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KCHO
Very Serious Dibber

We've got £2,500 for 4 of us for 26 days. That's £96 a day for 4! It's the first time we've done that long, previously done 3 weeks on £2,000 though and this has been ok. Some days we've gone way over budget but clawed it back other days. We are staying in a villa, mix eating in with eating out and have all park tickets and free parking at Sea World parks so only Disney to pay. We like to shop too!
Old 26 May 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It most definitely is enough for many people to have a great time. Whether it's enough for you depends. If you plan to eat and shop in the way most do then absolutely fine

If you've got your heart set on buying 5 new coach handbags, new wardrobes of designer clothes for you both and only eating character breakfasts for 14 days and table service for every meal then it might be tight (but so will your waistband by the end of that)
Which is spot on of course. We generally have a light breakfast, then a mid morning break for coffee and cake before heading back for pool time at the villa and a sandwich then out for a meal in the evening (we don't skimp on the evening meal, it's a big part of the holiday experience for us), we're not into wine however so our drinks bill is usually very light. We find the budget we set of $100 pp per day is plenty for that, fuel and a little shopping etc.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List