Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 14, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by champagnegirl26 View Post
I mean if the initial booking was $515 why would you ever pay a further $468 for a tiny so called upgrade like that? It's madness! Our paperwork stated midsize and we chose from midsize row. We did not require an upgrade. I'm so cross.
You say "midsize". In your earlier post you stated you had booked an "Intermediate" the car you had was one class up as a "standard".
That's on the Alamo Brits site.

Not trying to be picky but I'm not sure which of these equate to Midsize on your document.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

It would be reasonable to expect a car parked in the "Mid Size" lane to be in that category. The staff should make you aware if you have chosen a different category to the one you booked (not just hide it in the small print of the agreement). I hope you get some satisfaction from Alamo.
I know the staff park the cars in any lane, particularly if the correct lane is full, but it should not be up to the renter to check the category.
Good luck.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorky View Post
You say "midsize". In your earlier post you stated you had booked an "Intermediate" the car you had was one class up as a "standard".

Not trying to be picky but I'm not sure which of these equate to Midsize on your document.
Looking at Virgin and Alamo sites, Virgin call a Midsize, Intermediate. But I agree that the car taken seems to be in the Standard bracket. However, it really isn't fair to the customer, who has just been told pick "one of those" to be charged without being informed that they have actually upgraded.

I know that all our paperwork since 2009, just says the class of car not what type to expect, so you really shouldnt be expected to know?
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I had the same thought.
If alamo paperwork said mid size , I wouldn't know if that was intermediate or standard

I have booked through alamo for Vegas in August and you got me worried . I have booked a full size , but I wonder if they have any other " different phrases " for cars around that range also ? Don't want to be told pick anything from the " big size " car range , thinking that was full size , when actually it was premium

On alamo , the full size says ford fusion or similar. How do I know what is included in the " or similar" range ? Is there a list somewhere where I can see what else is classed as full size by alamo ?
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo have the Chrysler 200 definitely rated at standard. If you only paid for intermediate then it's the upgrade costs.
Intermediate seems to be Toyota Corolla or similar did you see any of these in the row?
Maybe appeal to Virgin is the only hope, virgin use the same language as Alamo so don't think they call it mid size.
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I had the same thought.
If alamo paperwork said mid size , I wouldn't know if that was intermediate or standard

I have booked through alamo for Vegas in August and you got me worried . I have booked a full size , but I wonder if they have any other " different phrases " for cars around that range also ? Don't want to be told pick anything from the " big size " car range , thinking that was full size , when actually it was premium

On alamo , the full size says ford fusion or similar. How do I know what is included in the " or similar" range ? Is there a list somewhere where I can see what else is classed as full size by alamo ?
Yep it's a important point, without knowing the full list you are open to abuse.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It was right at the front of the row too only around 5 spaces in and above it it clearly stated midsize on the wall. The car was parked in the wrong row amongst other cars exactly the same. Is there even a standard row at mco?

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Demonwar View Post
Alamo have the Chrysler 200 definitely rated at standard. If you only paid for intermediate then it's the upgrade costs.
Intermediate seems to be Toyota Corolla or similar did you see any of these in the row?
Maybe appeal to Virgin is the only hope, virgin use the same language as Alamo so don't think they call it mid size.
We booked intermediate with virgin and were directed to mid size row, there were no Toyota corollas in the row, there were very few cars left to choose from.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

Yep it's a important point, without knowing the full list you are open to abuse.
Just ask the attendant in the garage surely? Check at the window as he's doing the paperwork there.
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
It would be reasonable to expect a car parked in the "Mid Size" lane to be in that category. The staff should make you aware if you have chosen a different category to the one you booked (not just hide it in the small print of the agreement). I hope you get some satisfaction from Alamo.
I know the staff park the cars in any lane, particularly if the correct lane is full, but it should not be up to the renter to check the category.
Good luck.
I have to agree with you here... sharp practice if they blame you for an upgrade you weren't aware you had... hope you get sorted. X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread