Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

The old paper license, is that classed as a full license?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Oh BuXXer what a pain for you.

Like others I have never been asked but always take it just in case, I also believe if you were involved in a driving incident you would have to show it to the police.

Hopefully someone can fax this for you if not 'chance it' at the car rental when you get there tomorrow.

Good luck!
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can you get it faxed by tomorrow?

My Husband just said that if you lived closer he would have gone and got it for you.

Do you have anyone who could get it a bit closer to Lincoln cos he'd be happy to bring it to Manchester for you?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Since paper and card licences come out I have never once been asked for the paper part in these are being scrapped soon x
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Always had to show both of ours with Alamo as I am second driver. If you are staying on I drive or somewhere on transport links you may be able to wait a few days. Personally I would get someone to send it in a taxi or ask if a relative has a friend that would bring it to you for a fee. Fingers crossed you get sorted.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Luckily my dad the main person has the old license which I think is classed a full license.

It was for my brother who was going to drive also. We will have to see what they say tomorrow, if they say he needs it I guess he won't be able to drive.

We are still going to get it faxed however just in case and also brought with our friends. Thank you everyone, and thank you so much for the offer. Please day thank you to your husband. Very kind of you!
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jenxk91 View Post
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately we have no one that would be willing to come up to give us it (only person who would is my auntie who works as a nurse so is at work tomorrow!)

I think what we need to do is ask someone to fax a copy or email a copy! If not we may just have to see what happens ;/

Funny think is when we were leaving the house everyone kept saying "it feels like I forgot something"

Try not to worry it don't think u will need it I never had in the last ten years if need be alamo can always ring DVLA my Aunty forgot hers on purpose last year and was gutted she didn't need it lol x
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jenxk91 View Post
Luckily my dad the main person has the old license which I think is classed a full license.

It was for my brother who was going to drive also. We will have to see what they say tomorrow, if they say he needs it I guess he won't be able to drive.

We are still going to get it faxed however just in case and also brought with our friends. Thank you everyone, and thank you so much for the offer. Please day thank you to your husband. Very kind of you!
You're welcome.

I just know that I would be gutted if it were us.

So good to see that your Dad has the proper license.

Now go and get some sleep cos you gotta be up early to catch a plane

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

You will in all probability not be asked when collecting the car for anything other than the photo card as we only have photo cards here... however if any incident occurred and you couldn't immediately produce the full license an insurance company could repudiate any claim which would leave you in a right pickle. You can get things sent here within a couple of days via Royal Mail or fedex...costs about £9
Old 23 Aug 14, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

It's going to be 50/50,with people who have been asked for the paper part & those who haven't.
My husband has never been asked for his paper part,on all of our 8 visits,but I did notice yesterday,when I booked our car for Vegas with Alamo,it did state both parts were required,so who knows,if we will be asked for it or not.
If you can't get it,I would do as others have said & check in online & hopefully bypass it,this way.
Hope it works out for you
Tracy x