Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess87
slightly serious Dibber

It's still not working for me, not going to risk going straight to garage without doing 'skip the counter' as it'll be more hassle having to go back up to the counter lol. Just hoping the queue isn't going to be too long at the desk!
princess87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess87 View Post
It's still not working for me, not going to risk going straight to garage without doing 'skip the counter' as it'll be more hassle having to go back up to the counter lol. Just hoping the queue isn't going to be too long at the desk!
Would keep trying until the last minute, failing that - make a dash for an electronic kiosk to avoid the hard sell, i used them last time and it takes a few mins tops as it just confirms what you put into savetime then gets you to swipe your card and prints the agreement.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan & Derek
VIP Dibber

Jan & Derek's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you have pre paid then it won't work...We're in the same boat.
That's the way i understand it anyway

Derek & Janette
Jan & Derek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan & Derek View Post
If you have pre paid then it won't work...We're in the same boat.
That's the way i understand it anyway
I pre paid and it worked
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I pre paid and it worked
Me too. Appears to be very erratic
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I pre paid and it worked
Me too but have since tried for my sister in law and it won't.
Old 10 Apr 15, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mundy Clan View Post
The latest update I have had from Alamo regarding skip the counter is as follows:
Entry Type: TaKeisha-04/08/2015 08:37 AM

Dear Richard,

Thank you for patience. I have been informed that the "skip the counter" option is down until further notice. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you wish to bypass the counter, please use the kiosk at the rental location to sign in and pick up your rental vehicle. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
TaKeisha
Alamo Customer Service

When he says kiosk, am I right in thinking that there are machines in the terminal to complete your booking RATHER than the human behind the desk with the hard sell ? ... and then it's off to garage ?

Are they telling porkies... and Skip the counter IS still working for some people ?
Can anyone please update me on here if they have been successful completing Skip the Counter since this comment from Alamo customer service.

Keen to know if this is a temporary thing or more long-term. I may need to update my sticky!

Thanks.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Would advise anyone to look closely at their print outs for savetime, have a look at the wording under the barcode.

If it says what it says there, you'll need to do the bypass the counter or you'll be sent back when you try to leave.

The bypass ticket is pretty much a pdf of what you get at the electronic kiosks in the alamo area. The gate guys will only let you out now if you have a rental agreement from the counter, a print out from a kiosk or one of these.

You enter the details online for save time & do a bypass ticket - see the sticky at the top of the section for how to do it.
I've already done Savetime for both cars & all i got was the same as above, no bypass the counter.
What I meant was when you go to the counter, all drivers have to produce their driving licence to be checked, how do you do this when you are using the kiosk machine?
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
I've already done Savetime for both cars & all i got was the same as above, no bypass the counter.
What I meant was when you go to the counter, all drivers have to produce their driving licence to be checked, how do you do this when you are using the kiosk machine?
That's because you have to complete Online Check In first to enable Skip the Counter (unless you have booked with Virgin).

Read the info in my sticky at the top of the page.

And with regards to the licence, your licence information is already pre-entered on the system. They check your licence upon check out at the garage.

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
That's because you have to complete Online Check In first to enable Skip the Counter (unless you have booked with Virgin).

Read the info in my sticky at the top of the page.

And with regards to the licence, your licence information is already pre-entered on the system. They check your licence upon check out at the garage.
Thanks for the info but it still wont work.
Clicked on the online check-in, it took me too 'skip the counter', followed that through, but now its asking me to select another car & charging me for it & theres no way i can get past it, i've tried aaaargh :angry::angry:!

Thats it, I give up, i'll try the kiosk if we can but if we have to go to the counter, heaven help the person who tries to give me the hard sell!
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread