Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 15, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Never used uber, so this is really useful thanks!

I guess if I want to use it for the first time in USA, I'm better using the promo code that someone gave with the dollar amount, rather than pounds?

Also, do you have to be over 18 to sign up to the app? Kids are 16 and 17, just wondering if its worth them both downloading the app, and applying the credit as well?
I have downloaded it for my daughter and she is under 18 the code was accepted no problem. Yes you would be better to use it with the U.S. Promo code.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shane1979 View Post
I have downloaded it for my daughter and she is under 18 the code was accepted no problem. Yes you would be better to use it with the U.S. Promo code.
Excellent, thank you!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 15, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Got my code this morning there was a problem with website I got an email from them. All set and ready to go now. 17 days not that I'm counting or anything 😀😀
Old 19 May 15, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

7 seater uber xl cars

Anyone know if the uber xl cars are big enough for 7 people or do I need to order 2 cars instead ?
Old 21 May 15, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lou86
Earning More Ears

I'm planning on using uber when I go in 2 weeks. Does anyone know whether if you get charged extra because of paying in dollars when using a British card?
lou86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 15, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
One thing to be mindful of is that due to union issues and licensing they are not allowed to conduct any form of business on Airport property. So no transfers to / from MCO or Sanford.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 15, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

I think it is done through paypal not sure about the account that paypal is linked to though. Conversion fee for paypal is 4% on purchases so i guess it would be the same.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all the info on this topic. Even though we are hiring a car we do use some taxis in the evening and this app seems very useful. It seems it is best to use over a wifi connection other than your own because of roaming charges is that right?

Thanks

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

can people who have used them in orlando give me some rough costs , I've just used the fare estimator on the app and its coming up at $58 to universal parks from my conduit vista cay , it usually only costs $15
thanks
Old 30 May 15, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've just used them from universal to disney Caribbean beach and it cost $13. Was a busy time as well with everyone leaving the park. Seemed really good value to what was quoted elsewhere.
Closed Thread