Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Uber/Taxis/shuttles/lynx buses

So I plan to book for October 2017 as people may remember from some of my other questions posted recently...

The plan is to stay off site on or near to international drive.

An example of the places i'm looking at are Ramada/Seralago/Radisson/Rosen Inn etc.

My question is what are the easiest/most convenient/cheapest ways of getting not only to the disney/universal/seaworld parks but other attractions in orlando from hotels that are off site.

Also, if anyone who has been in this situation recently, what kind of prices would I be looking at from I-Drive hotels to certain attraction s on each mode of transport.

Any info is greatly appreciated, not only for budget purposes but so I know what i'm getting myself into, lol

Thanks!
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Lynx bus is $2 per person per journey or do what we did and buy 7 day passes online in advance for $16 each.
We stayed at the Ramada near Wet n Wild in 2013 and a taxi from WDW to the hotel was between $40 & $45 at night after fireworks.
Hotel shuttles are hit and miss. The one for Ramada takes you to Epcot and not early enough for park opening - anywhere other than Epcot, you'd then need to get transport to the other parks. It also left quite early, before illuminations - so was no use to us at all!
Not used uber before, but plan to this year.
Lynx is obviously the cheapest but also takes a fair bit of travel time.
This time we're split staying so using Lynx from Rosen Inn International to Universal Parks, Seaworld and shopping then staying at Disney to use internal buses there
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Thanks Carol! That's a help!
I've heard Uber is very convenient and cheaper than taxis, I just don't really know how it works as i've not used it in this country so far. Guessing it's just the same as taxis but cheaper... Hopefully somebody chimes in who has used the service in Orlando recently.

Nice to know Lynx are cheap as thats probably how we will get to universal/seaworld etc... any idea how late lynx run?
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scarling10 View Post
I've heard Uber is very convenient and cheaper than taxis, I just don't really know how it works as i've not used it in this country so far. Guessing it's just the same as taxis but cheaper... Hopefully somebody chimes in who has used the service in Orlando recently.

Nice to know Lynx are cheap as thats probably how we will get to universal/seaworld etc... any idea how late lynx run?
golynx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scarling10 View Post

my daughter stayed at Rosen In@ pointe the other week and generally used Uber. From hotel to Universal was $8. They didn't use it to Disney as they stayed on site for the second week,

They found it to be easy to use and reliable
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

$8 sounds a bargain. Will have to look into other uber prices, maybe even to disney. Thanks =]
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread