Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 16, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

And just in case anything goes wrong - we caught a 23 hour delay flying out, Avis's Social media team were totally on the ball and my car was ready for me when we arrived a day late. I just messaged them via facebook.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Sorry I know this is no help to the OP but anyone thinking of doing a BA Flydrive should join Avis Preferrred BEFORE you do your booking. When you do the booking you can then type in your Avis Preferred number at the time of booking. I did it this way after following the advice on The Dibb to do it that order. I could see my booking on the Avis website within minutes. I did a car upgrade through BA yesterday and again the change showed on the Avis website instantly.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Sorry I know this is no help to the OP but anyone thinking of doing a BA Flydrive should join Avis Preferrred BEFORE you do your booking. When you do the booking you can then type in your Avis Preferred number at the time of booking. I did it this way after following the advice on The Dibb to do it that order. I could see my booking on the Avis website within minutes. I did a car upgrade through BA yesterday and again the change showed on the Avis website instantly.
Agree that joining before is easier, but i didn't and was just helping by giving my experience, It was very easy to link.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
And just in case anything goes wrong - we caught a 23 hour delay flying out, Avis's Social media team were totally on the ball and my car was ready for me when we arrived a day late. I just messaged them via facebook.
I'm hoping I can get this to work before I make a reservation, but if not then I'll try the email you suggest. Thanks.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

A good point, and at least I have my preferred number already, so I'll be able to use it at the time of booking.

I really don't understand what this linking thing is all about. I have a preferred number and an online account. I did them both online at the same time. Why on earth I then need to link them is beyond me. Not only that, but AVIS themselves can't explain why either. I'm assuming some IT muppetry as usual.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
A good point, and at least I have my preferred number already, so I'll be able to use it at the time of booking.

I really don't understand what this linking thing is all about. I have a preferred number and an online account. I did them both online at the same time. Why on earth I then need to link them is beyond me. Not only that, but AVIS themselves can't explain why either. I'm assuming some IT muppetry as usual.
I work in IT, i resemble that comment
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
border terrier
Apprentice Imagineer

I got in touch via facebook and sent a Pm they linked it all for me.
Had a rubbish experiance with them this year so wont use them again in Florida.
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

We DID join Preferred before booking, and quoted the number when completing booking details through BA Executive Club.

However, the booking doesn't show up in the online account, so I assumed we must need to do something else, and tried going through the linking process, only to be faced with the 'blank screen' scenario.

I've emailed the avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk. address and will update if / when I get a response :-)
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I work in IT, i resemble that comment
I've been in it my whole life and it amazes me how people not in the know still believe that somehow computers are to blame

"Why does it do that?"... because some fool, or fools, not fit to sweep the streets designed/coded it that way!

In the 50's it was chaps in lab coats with PhD's (that were actually valid), now any idiot can get in, and the results are self evident.
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
We DID join Preferred before booking, and quoted the number when completing booking details through BA Executive Club.

However, the booking doesn't show up in the online account, so I assumed we must need to do something else, and tried going through the linking process, only to be faced with the 'blank screen' scenario.

I've emailed the avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk. address and will update if / when I get a response :-)
That's a great idea.

The more of us who give them grief the better.

Please do report back your findings.
Closed Thread