Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Oct 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going next year as a large group and I was wondering if you only wanted to drop someone off at the parks do you go through the normal park entrance? Or is there a separate area where taxis and buses go. We are only intending on going for a couple of days as we are using our no expiry tickets but most members of the group will have the 14 day passes so will want to make the most of them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It could cost you more to park at your local hospital for less time...
Ours is £3 an hour - now that is a rip off!
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nails
Helping Minnie

To make matters worse you pay all that money to park in Oxford then you have a long walk to the shopping area. It's cheaper for me to get a off peak train to London or Reading.
nails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by OrlandoLover View Post
We are going next year as a large group and I was wondering if you only wanted to drop someone off at the parks do you go through the normal park entrance? Or is there a separate area where taxis and buses go. We are only intending on going for a couple of days as we are using our no expiry tickets but most members of the group will have the 14 day passes so will want to make the most of them.
There are dedicated drop off areas in the 4 Parks. You just tell them on the ticket booth and dont get charged.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There are dedicated drop off areas in the 4 Parks. You just tell them on the ticket booth and dont get charged.
Thanks Tom
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

My wife was in hospital recently and it was £1 an hour with a maximum of £6 which I thought was reasonable.
The $20 charge from Disney has to be factored in so we pay it. The two gripes I have with it are that we often only spend a couple of hours at the parks in a day so it is an extortionate price per hour. I have also already given Disney over $1000 in park ticket costs so is it too much to ask that it includes parking.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WB72 View Post
My wife was in hospital recently and it was £1 an hour with a maximum of £6 which I thought was reasonable.
The $20 charge from Disney has to be factored in so we pay it. The two gripes I have with it are that we often only spend a couple of hours at the parks in a day so it is an extortionate price per hour. I have also already given Disney over $1000 in park ticket costs so is it too much to ask that it includes parking.
Only 2 hours in the Parks on a daily basis is never going to make economic sense. Buy fewer days and stay longer on those days if you want value for money.
Old 27 Oct 16, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

It's catching on over here too - it's £6 a day to park at Alton Towers. It's our first visit to Florida next year and we're staying offsite - we just factored in the parking charges into our daily budget. And we've all got amazing singing voices (!) so I'm sure we'll get free parking when the parking attendants hear us murder 'let it go'...

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Old 27 Oct 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Disney makes huge profits, we pay because we want what they are offering. Nothing new there.

If it's okay to say parking is collected in addition because of all the people who don't use cars, it's also okay to ticket each ride, and argue for all the people that don't want to go on Ellen's Energy Adventure (every opportunity with that joke ).

What makes the parking more of an issue is when you consider going to Universal and Disney on the same day. If Universal gained even more ground on Disney, Disney might think twice about having such significant whole day parking fees.

If it affects their bottom line they won't be arguing about fairness for non-parkers I can tell you. They won't be arguing for paying for parking resurfacing either.

Everything is about the bottom line and what they can or can not get away with.

Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
It's catching on over here too - it's £6 a day to park at Alton Towers. It's our first visit to Florida next year and we're staying offsite - we just factored in the parking charges into our daily budget. And we've all got amazing singing voices (!) so I'm sure we'll get free parking when the parking attendants hear us murder 'let it go'...
LOL

That's a lovely way to diffuse an argument
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

For our next trip in January we have decided to stay offsite
We have chosen to stay at comfort suites which is not to far from Disney
One of the reasons to stay here is they offer free transport to Disney and universal studios which would save you 14 days parking fees

We booked with virgin and instead of the basic car hire we opted for transfers to and from the airport at a cost of under £10 for the 2 of us return
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread