Notices

Old 29 Sep 14, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
A Villa Owners Trip Report!

Well here goes! I've been threatening to do a Villa Owners Trip Report for a few years now, I'm not really sure if anyone, other than other owners maybe, will even be the slightest bit interested to be honest but I though it might give you Dibbers a little insight into what goes on in an owners holiday!
We are Selina and Richard, I'm 40 something, Rich is 50 ish, no kids, 3 crazy Bengal boys and a mid life crisis Porsche! Just lost 7 stone between us and I'm stopping losing now but he's carrying on! Bought our home 10 years ago and it is our pride and joy, we love working on it as well as having a holiday so this time we have a weeks hols before we go to 'work'!
There are usually very few visits to

And lots of visits to

And more visits to this place than the loo usually!

This time is a bit different as we are flying on Christmas Day! Yes indeedy we have decided to ignore what everyone else wants and do what we want to for a change! We have flown Christmas Day before but not for over 10 years. So as a hairdresser I'm obviously working on Christmas Eve, short day though only 8am till Noon, quickly nip to see my Dad and off to the Hilton at Gatwick. It's about a two and a half hour drive from our house so I'm going to do OLCI before we head off, this opens at 1pm. Hopefully get to Gatwick in the daylight. Might even go and do Twilight check in, not sure yet.
1pm flight to Orlando in PE with Virgin, barring delays we land at 5.30. Pick up car and off to the Rosen Centre on I Drive, £36 for one night. Hoping the Walgreens next door or the 7/11 down the road are open for a few snacks!

I imagine we'll be up nice and early the next day and were off to Naples, staying at The Inn on Fifth for 4 nights, catching up with our best friends from the UK who always spend Christmas in Naples. Then off to Sarasota for 2 nights, staying at the Holiday Inn, Lido Beach, we stayed there in May and loved it. Hoping there may be fireworks or something going on as our second night is New Years Eve.

The next morning will be our trip up to our home, I expect it will be a quick look round then off to do a proper shop and order the paint for the pool deck - yes dear Dibbers, this is work time! We are also planning internal painting,upgrading and bedding changing too. I'm sure there will be picture hanging, towel buying and the carpet will no doubt be Rug Doctored!

There is also a plan to maybe do a Dsiney park or two over the next few days, after Disney release their cheaper Residents Passes which is usually around the 4th Jan.

Hopefully you won't all be too bored reading my Trippie! The plan is to take food photos as we go along and tell it as it happens in real time, warts, paint and all! Pussycat xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
This sounds really interesting! It will be good to hear what it is like having your own place, plus your stops beforehand sound like fun.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm out in November 1 week on my own the Ian's out he's hoping no big jobs this time and that I'll have it all done before he arrives funny how we all know Lowes we even use it as a guide marker in the driving instructions to the villa so guess that makes us really sad looking forward to more

Ian&Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Subscribing! It all sounds really interesting

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh! Selina how true

We are out 17th October but like you staying on IDrive first night as our DIBB guests don't leave until the 18th.

Couldn't get the Rosen Centre this time fully booked, yes amazing as it is a HUGE hotel!

We are spending first night at the Rosen Plaza. Might just have to pop across to Bahama Breeze for dinner and a few Ultimate Pina Colada's.

We are hoping to fit in a few days in NYC in the middle of our visit and a trip to visit with the family up at the Jacksonville beaches.

In between times Lowes, Walmart, Ikea, and all the other DIY, homeware and furniture stores. We painted the deck in May and our carpets are getting cleaned today actually so we wont have that this time.

Great idea by the way a wee trippie I am sure there will be lots of interest. Look forward to reading it

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

So nice that you're upgrading and painting for our arrival 😉 will be following your progress lol Don't work too hard.
Old 29 Sep 14, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh ! Looking forward to reading this one - your plans sound great .
We love Naples and also big fans of Sarasota - we normally stay at Longboat Key .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Really looking forward to your report and seeing lots of pictures of your decorating. Apart from your working bit it sounds like a wonderful holiday you have planned with lots of nice places in your itinerary.

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am looking forward to this, just to console myself that I am not the only villa owner who does any work when I am in Florida

Hank (Home Depot store expert South West Florida)
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Well I've started the box of things to take over! Yesterday in Sainsburys they had a bale of towels, 2hand, 2 bath reduced from £30 to £8.40! Bought two lots for the villa, I'll have a suitcase full of stuff by the time we get there! That's another part of being a home owner - you're always on the look out for stuff to take over!

I have also made an ADR! This is only the third time ever! We are booked at Beaches and Cream for 2nd January, forget the diet, I'm having a Sundae! Pussycat xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List