Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Aug 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sorry about your mother in law

Washington looks lovely! Looking forward to reading about your first full day there! xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

Loving your report so far. So sorry to hear your news about Andys mum, Condolences to you all xx
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
So sorry to hear about Andy's mum, but so glad she got to share her love of America through your travel photos and stories. It will have been something else for her to focus on other than her illness. Am thinking of you all at this difficult time. X

You did so well with your photos from the train - think I managed about two successful photos that hadn't got random trees, lamp posts, railings etc obscuring the views that I'd been trying to capture.

It looks a great start to the Washington segment of your travels. A room with a view for the boys too!
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely day, your photos have made me want to visit Washington! Love the food photos and the Daquiri looks gorgeous! Pussycat
Thank you - Go ! Its a fab place !

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Lovely day. Very sorry to hear about your sad news.
Thank you x

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
I'm sorry to read the news about Andy's mum. Lovely though that you got a chance to tell her about your trip and reminisce about old ones.

I have been looking forward to this part of the holiday so get posting the next few days quickly, pretty please! We got the train back to Newark to catch our flight to Orlando and it was a double decker. I was so excited (and sad I was told!) Who knew such a thing existed? Probably should admit at this point that I've always yearned to be a train driver. I'm serious. Unfortunately there are no trains where I live. Don't think it's ever going to happen for me!

Anyway! Hope you enjoyed Washington. Can't wait to see the photos.
Thank you x It was so brave of her to hold on for so long , she was determined to wait for Andy to get back and she did, bless her

Am posting as quick as the commute allows

I have a love hate thing with trains - mainly hate , lol. I even had a job once that meant going on the night postal trains

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Looks like a good day all things considered! Excited to read more!
Thank you x Was a bit disappointed we didn't see any sights today ( other than the station) but we managed to get round most of them the next two days

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
Oh Amanda. Andy's dear mum. I am so sorry. Glad you got to see her when you came home and share your holiday stories one last time. That's a lovely photo of her with tigger too. Sending love to you all.

Glad you got a few hours to relax on your first night in Washington after your whirlwind trip to New York. And a couple of sneaky daiquiris too. Perfect xx
Ah thank you. She loved that holiday to Florida - I am so pleased she came and we managed to do so much with her.

We did enjoy Washington , still walked as much but slower pace !

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
So sorry to hear Andy's mum has passed away

That food looks lovely
What a price for your cocktail
Thank you x
I know , it was wickedly expensive ( but very nice)

Originally Posted by fa$$a View Post
Huge condolences to you both 💜
Enjoying this report so much and can't wait for the rest. Thank you for all your hard work xx
Best wishes
Claire
Thank you , that's so lovely, I am glad you are enjoying it . I enjoy writing it - I get to have the holiday all over again

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Sorry to hear your news.such a lovely photo of her with Tigger ❤️ Double decker trains... who knew? Your 6 hr commute to work 😢😢😢 is it as bad as it sounds ?
Thank you x I know double deck trains, so cool !

yes my commute - on a good day when its 6 hours , its bearable . On a bad day when its all Pete Tong and more like 7 or 8 , its the spawn of the devil .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Sorry about your mother in law

Washington looks lovely! Looking forward to reading about your first full day there! xx
Thank you , I am glad she isn't in pain any more, she was suffering in the last couple of days . Washington is just brill. Loved it

Originally Posted by Twiga6 View Post
Loving your report so far. So sorry to hear your news about Andys mum, Condolences to you all xx
Thank you, that's really kind x

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
So sorry to hear about Andy's mum, but so glad she got to share her love of America through your travel photos and stories. It will have been something else for her to focus on other than her illness. Am thinking of you all at this difficult time. X

You did so well with your photos from the train - think I managed about two successful photos that hadn't got random trees, lamp posts, railings etc obscuring the views that I'd been trying to capture.

It looks a great start to the Washington segment of your travels. A room with a view for the boys too!
Hello Jo, how was your trip ?

Yes I am pleased we got to share the trip with her, I told her all about my shopping - she was a crafty shopper too !

I do have lots of rubbish train pics, even worse than the NY cab ride. Its that shutter speed - if only you knew what was coming up ahead !

The boys had a great view and we had the car park !- tables turned at Hard Rock , they got the rubbish view and ours was better
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to read about Andys mum. She certainly looked as though she was enjoying herself with Tigger, at least you've got some lovely memories of her.
The train station at Washington was lovely. Looking forward to the sight seeing!
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about Andy's Mum x

Looking forward to hearing about what you got up to in Washington DC!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about Andy's mum. Great day with great photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

How long did the train take to get there out of interest?

Probably a good day to have a bit of a rest and recharge your batteries. Cocktail looks lush!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear about your mother in law glad you got to share your stories with her.

Oh we loved DC- can't wait to read about it xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List