Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

We got a better price right before free dining went off, it was far cheaper than the website was showing instore and about 30% cheaper than virgin had been right throughout the free dining. no trouble at all booking mde stuff, we did it the day after booking the holiday, again a couple of people having trouble and posting it online and everyone thinks it's the norm.

The trouble we had booking for next year is availability if wanting a standard room, these disapeared within days from some resorts so the price went up, the previous year standard rooms were available everywhere even the day before free dining went off so i think they may be reducing the room numbers for free dining.

On another note even though we got a good price after free dining went off we could have booked a royal room at POR, added the qsdp and it would have been cheaper per person than we paid for a standard room but thats luck of the draw (we ended up with a royal room free and asked to be moved, it wasn't for us)

personally i have never been able to make it work diy booking a room through disney but this depends on your dates/how many in the party etc. if we booked tickets and room with disney this year it was £150 cheaper than booking a full pakcage including flights with thomson.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by elle10 View Post
Thanks, I wonder if Thomson in store ever beat Thomson online.
We've booked with Thomson for next April, We had seen the package online but went into a store to see if they could get any further discount and they wouldn't even match the online price! From memory they were quoting us around £250 more which really surprised me as i know most TA's work on commission.

Anyway, we booked it online and were able to link everything through MDE a few days later. ADR'S booked today as at 180 days and everything is showing up fine.
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would see what Disney quote for AKL for the dates you want to go and then compare the price to Thomson. Sometimes it works out cheaper to just book your flight with Thomson and the hotel separately...I found a great package deal going to AKL with Thomsons next May but it was in SATs week so no good for us. I don't believe you get the $200 gift card with Thomson but others on here will know better.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Think I might book Thompson’s flight then Disney hotel direct, then I can book 10 nights Disney hotel and 4 nights Universal hotel.
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

you can still do a duel stay with thomson you just have to ask in store, they definitely do match the online price but they charge a £35 fee for this, I've done it numerous times.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I would see what Disney quote for AKL for the dates you want to go and then compare the price to Thomson. Sometimes it works out cheaper to just book your flight with Thomson and the hotel separately...I found a great package deal going to AKL with Thomsons next May but it was in SATs week so no good for us. I don't believe you get the $200 gift card with Thomson but others on here will know better.
We booked with Thomsons in April just after Easter staying at the Beach club (our DVC resort) for 10 nights with flights and the DDP and tickets really pleased with the price. There was a price differential of only £60 between AKL and BC. But discover that they do not offer the Disney giftcard.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Yes you can. We booked flights in store, 11 nights at Disney and 3 nights at RPR
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
you can still do a duel stay with thomson you just have to ask in store, they definitely do match the online price but they charge a £35 fee for this, I've done it numerous times.
We tried to do a dual stay but couldn't with Thomson Flights. They could do it with Virgin flights. The TA was surprised that they have stop doing this. They also wouldn't match the online price. This was our experience in May 2017.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
We booked with Thomsons in April just after Easter staying at the Beach club (our DVC resort) for 10 nights with flights and the DDP and tickets really pleased with the price. There was a price differential of only £60 between AKL and BC. But discover that they do not offer the Disney giftcard.
That sounds like a good deal. I was a bit disappointed when I realised that the gift card didn't seem to be included and there was no Magical Express from Sanford-mind I still would have been tempted with the price if I could have taken the holiday on the dates!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List