Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Delta - can’t reserve meals

I spoke to a useless guy at Delta a couple of days ago who told me that I needed to call back 24 hours before my flight to book meals :angry:. I pointed out that that would be too late and he repeated the same thing. I desperately need to book my meals as I’m currently dairy free due to allergies. Website isn’t working and the app doesn’t even give meal options. I’m on a Virgin codeshare.
Does anyone know what I need to do to get this sorted?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I would take my own food just to be sure!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We flew with Delta earlier this month and was able to book a vegetarian meal for my daughter. We did it on the website. I think after logging in to my booking there was a list of all passenger names and when I clicked on each passenger I could update their details.

Of course, this doesn't help you when the website is down...

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have had problems making meal requests for the last week. You may do better calling virgin and explain and ask them to transfer you to delta and hope you get someone who will help you.
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
We flew with Delta earlier this month and was able to book a vegetarian meal for my daughter. We did it on the website. I think after logging in to my booking there was a list of all passenger names and when I clicked on each passenger I could update their details.

Of course, this doesn't help you when the website is down...
This is the bit that isn't working. I can get as far as the drop down but then it says "oops we can't save your request" or words to that effect.

I'm not keen on trying to take enough food to last 7.5 hours since it would need to be edible at room temperature. First flight is at 11am so too early to have lunch as soon as we board.

I tried calling Virgin again and they put me through to Delta UK. The guy I spoke with claimed that he managed to save the requests but also that we don't need to reserve a child's meal. Fingers crossed he's right and all has gone through!
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
This is the bit that isn't working. I can get as far as the drop down but then it says "oops we can't save your request" or words to that effect.

I'm not keen on trying to take enough food to last 7.5 hours since it would need to be edible at room temperature. First flight is at 11am so too early to have lunch as soon as we board.

I tried calling Virgin again and they put me through to Delta UK. The guy I spoke with claimed that he managed to save the requests but also that we don't need to reserve a child's meal. Fingers crossed he's right and all has gone through!
Oh, I do hope the person on the phone has done it right for you. We had booked direct with Delta, so maybe that's why I was able to use their website easily - there were no third parties involved.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fingers are crossed for you. The system keeps telling me the same and I've tried it daily for a week. Then one day one of the kids meals showed up. Still can't do the other but my daughter has decided she no longer needs a child's meal so will leave it now. It's just an inconvenience when you are trying to pack and do everything else before going away. Have a great holiday
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks ladies . I’ve just checked and we’re showing vegetarian non dairy and children’s meal against myself and DD2. One less thing to worry about now! Time to pack
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MiaRobbo
I have Ears

Mobile

I booked children’s meals on the Delta site...but I’ll have to double check when we check in next week.
MiaRobbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List