Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Aug 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dgoodrid
Helping Minnie

Universal Express Pass

Hi, Quick question, are the Universal Express Pass tickets (for all 3 parks) the same as Fast Pass + in Disney?

I know you have to pay extra for this (unlike the Disney on included) but what restrictions are there if any? As i know once you have booked your FP+ and they have run out you can try to get more if they are available. Is this the same type of system? I Think we have the Unlimited tickets as we are staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Can anyone with a better understanding confirm how this ticket works.

Thanks Dave
Multi Sites Summer 2019
dgoodrid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
June14
Earning More Ears

undercovertourist/bl...-express-pass/

This explains all, its totally different to Disney.
June14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dgoodrid View Post
Hi, Quick question, are the Universal Express Pass tickets (for all 3 parks) the same as Fast Pass + in Disney?

I know you have to pay extra for this (unlike the Disney on included) but what restrictions are there if any? As i know once you have booked your FP+ and they have run out you can try to get more if they are available. Is this the same type of system? I Think we have the Unlimited tickets as we are staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Can anyone with a better understanding confirm how this ticket works.

Thanks Dave
I think the Universal Express Unlimited pass that you get when you stay at the Royal Pacific Resort only lets you skip the regular lines [queues] at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, you will need a separate pass for Volcano Bay. It is different from the Disney FP as you don't book any rides, you just bypass the regular lines as many times as you want to. Have a look at the benefits in the link below and scroll down to see the terms and conditions.

universalorlando/web... html#benefits

If I am reading the T&Cs right you will need to buy a separate pass if you want one for Volcano Bay.

Also have a look at the link below to see info all the passes. I think the one that you want to read is the 2-Park Universal Express Unlimited Pass

universalorlando/web...ses/index.html
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

As above. The express passes you get for staying at RPR, HRH and PB are unlimited for Universal Studios and IOA. You just walk up to the Express queue and flash your room key. You can do this as many times as you want from the moment you check in to the hotel, until the parks close on your check out day.
It's not valid at Volcano Bay, you just get the early entry there.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Although the Express Pass system is Universal's version of Disney's Fastpass+ system, it is very different. It is more similar to the fastpass systems you see in other theme parks.

There are two types of Express Pass: Single-Use and Unlimited. You can buy either type. If you stay in some of the Universal hotels you'll get the Unlimited Express Passes for your length of stay. But you don't have to stay on-site to buy them.

Single-Use Express Passes allow you to skip the regular queue once per ride. Unlimited Express Passes allow you to skip the regular queue for each ride as many times as you want. You can use these whenever in the day you want to - you don't have to book a 1 hour slot like you do with Disney's Fastpasses. It does not guarantee that you'll get on the ride straight away - instead the Express Pass allows you to use a separate queue to the people without an Express Pass.

Universal's Express Passes are far more flexible and less limited than Disney's Fastpass+ system - but you do have to pay a significant amount extra for them.

Here's a link to Universal's webpage which provides more information about the Express Passes and the current per-day prices (which vary by which day you choose):

universalorlando/web...l#details-faqs

HTH.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dgoodrid
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks all will look 👍👍👍👍
Multi Sites Summer 2019
dgoodrid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List