Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney no plan

Do you all have a plan when you do Disney? We travelled in September 2016 and did the universal/seaworld/Bush gardens and i did have a daily plan of which park we would visit. Doing just Disney next time and kind of think we will just go with the flow and see how we feel when we arrive.I know it is Halloween when we visit and the Food and Wine festival is on so not sure if these events will make a difference to our plans.Will we be restricted to times and areas that we are not allowed to visit unless we buy more tickets. Was just going to get a 14 day Disney ticket.
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You'll need a plan for if you want popular and specific ADRs or FPs - Be Our Guest or the new Avatar rides, for example. But if you're happy to just wander around, you certainly don't need to. I'm only half planning our trip, booking out mornings to hit specific rides and leaving the afternoons quite open to see how we feel on the day.

The only thing you can't attend with your regular tickets is the MNSSHP in MK. This is only on certain nights. It won't restrict you during the day, but it's only open to ticket holders during the party hours. Just go to another park (or to a resort for a nice dinner) on those evenings, you'll be fine.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Plan or spend 60 minutes queuing for even the most tamest of rides.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

I am not a planner - I love to just "go with the flow" but I do believe in planning for Disney.
Given the cost of the holiday it makes sense to me that I make the most of what/where/when/what do I eat now!
For the first time we will have the DDP - I have already done my research!

I am blessed that I go with great friends who are skilled and keen planners - it just brings so much more to the holiday. Everyone to their own though - thats what makes the Dibb!
Old 27 May 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

No way! We go with the flow...but based around our fastpasses and adrs 😀😀 but seriously tho...we certainly have flexibility and will change plans a lot , we will be taking it easy aswell no mad rushing about but I will have our days loosely planned, adrs and fastpasses booked ...😀 subject to change of course!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
layregula
Getting Excited

we have a loose plan, will book some FP of rides we really want to do in advance, so seven dwarfs, test track etc. But that is it, the last time we stayed in Disney and changed the fast passes daily if we felt going to a differnt park the next day. They only fastpass we couldnt change the night before was seven dwarfs so we attended this but we managed to get everything we wanted the night before or day off. we had two ADR with BOG so kept them, but everything else we go with the flow.

I know some people though who are total planners and they enjoy the holiday as much as we enjoy it going with the flow, depends on what you would enjoy!

Edited at 08:30 PM.
layregula is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We haven't got a plan other than 25th planning on BBB 28th September we will be at discovery cove and the first Saturday we will be in daytona. We are not big planners and are not overly fussed about FPs and will probably be only booking one or two. We are just going to see where we end up lol
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
alannamr
Serious Dibber

We were there last year for halloween. Epcot was heaving especially at the weekend (due to food and wine festival and other private functions).

Also, check out what groups are on during the festival - we saw Billy Ocean and he was great.

Enjoy
alannamr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a planner! plan everything so much fun!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think the way FP works nowadays some planning can avoid a lot of frustration.
I'm definitely not a planner in the Dibb sense. The thought of knowing exactly where I'd be each day for all rides and meals is not my style of holiday at all. I will book a few key TS meals and I'll know which QS places we will prefer as I don't want to live on burgers so it is researched so we make good choices on the day but planned to the nth degree definitely not.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List