Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Yes miles seats.
Great news thanks
Old 22 Sep 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing new today. Booked PE to MCO that I had on hold. Fingers crossed for EC back from MCO, or at least MIA
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

can anyone help me understand

I read something a while ago about booking the outbound as soon as it becomes available then waiting for the return flights to show if any are available

can someone talk me through this process - pretty please

I will hold my hands up, I am not the brightest of blondes
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
can anyone help me understand

I read something a while ago about booking the outbound as soon as it becomes available then waiting for the return flights to show if any are available

can someone talk me through this process - pretty please

I will hold my hands up, I am not the brightest of blondes
On website you can just select one way. So when you look now for August, the whole month isn't available…so elect outbound date, select airports, and click one way, and that will tell you what avail le…then you have to wait until your return date is up and do the same thing (but reverse the airports!)
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
On website you can just select one way. So when you look now for August, the whole month isn't available…so elect outbound date, select airports, and click one way, and that will tell you what avail le…then you have to wait until your return date is up and do the same thing (but reverse the airports!)

thank you I understand this much but what happens if nothing shows up for my return date(s) this is what worries me

do I then pay a much inflated fare for that journey home, we are looking at PE both ways
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

This is the problem!

Worst case, there is lots of availability from New York!

I am hoping for MCO, 2nd choice Miami. There seems to be a bit of availability for PE from Miami at moment early August.

We grabbed PE out to MCO…would have preferred EC...
Old 23 Sep 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Does anyone have any advice please, I have 5 pe economy seats on hold untill Monday for next year flying out August to mco from London, however I spoke to the man at the flying club today and it appears that paying for the return leg without miles is £1100 each roughly where as a return with money is £1200 which means a return flight reward out is £297 in taxes plus the £1100 which makes it £1400,
Do you just book the return with someone else, or do you buy more miles or only book if you can get reward flights each way ?
Thank you
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Does anyone have any advice please, I have 5 pe economy seats on hold untill Monday for next year flying out August to mco from London, however I spoke to the man at the flying club today and it appears that paying for the return leg without miles is £1100 each roughly where as a return with money is £1200 which means a return flight reward out is £297 in taxes plus the £1100 which makes it £1400,
Do you just book the return with someone else, or do you buy more miles or only book if you can get reward flights each way ?
Thank you

and this is my biggest worry / concern

would it be best to use my miles as miles plus money I have 70,000 and dh has 50,000

last time I just rang flying club and said best use and go so to speak !
Old 25 Sep 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=sunny1;12856556]and this is my biggest worry / concern

would it be best to use my miles as miles plus money I have 70,000 and dh has 50,000

last time I just rang flying club and said best use and go so to speak ![/QUOTE

I must have driven the flying club mad the last few days, however the good news is well slightly good, that you can book your outward journey and cancel for a charge of £30 a ticket should you not be able to find a return reward seat, obviously you have almost a year to do this untill 24 hours before your flight, so plenty of time to research and save a few more miles
Old 26 Sep 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
and this is my biggest worry / concern

last time I just rang flying club and said best use and go so to speak !
As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as miles plus money anymore. They got rid of that option.

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List