Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
No not really, carry from Car with pick nick lunch and all the other stuff we have to eat throughout the day into the park, except 'funnel cake' yum yum. Once we have found our spot for the day, that's it. Water bottle stays in situ.
Sorry, am I reading this right? You just leave a gallon sized water bottle somewhere in the park and pop back to it when you want a drink?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

When settled in our spot for the day, ie: we have our sunbeds, towels, pick nick bag suncreams and all the other bits and bobs, a gallon container is quite small that's in a cool bag. Yes we leave it all on our sunbeds.
Go on Lazy river, and other rides if we fancy it. There are 5 of us, and not necessarily all doing the same thing at the same time. Valuables/cash/cc's we carry in little watertight, containers that hang around your neck, so absolutely safe. In my experience, family's leave their belongings on their sunbeds, and enjoy the water features. August is a busy time, and you can always ask (if you Like to) people near you, if they would keep man eye on your stuff whilst they are there. We have never done so, nor have we ever had anything touched on our sunbeds whilst in the water. And of course we don't just dump our water container somewhere in the park and pop back as and when we want a drink.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
When settled in our spot for the day, ie: we have our sunbeds, towels, pick nick bag suncreams and all the other bits and bobs, a gallon container is quite small that's in a cool bag. Yes we leave it all on our sunbeds.
Go on Lazy river, and other rides if we fancy it. There are 5 of us, and not necessarily all doing the same thing at the same time. Valuables/cash/cc's we carry in little watertight, containers that hang around your neck, so absolutely safe. In my experience, family's leave their belongings on their sunbeds, and enjoy the water features. August is a busy time, and you can always ask (if you Like to) people near you, if they would keep man eye on your stuff whilst they are there. We have never done so, nor have we ever had anything touched on our sunbeds whilst in the water. And of course we don't just dump our water container somewhere in the park and pop back as and when we want a drink.
Ah, well, a waterpark is a bit different to visiting the theme parks! You didn't say that in your first 2 posts, so it sounded like you just dumped it in a theme park somewhere which I was sure couldn't be right as it sounded ludicrous!

The rest of the thread was about water in the parks, not the waterparks, hence your post being a bit confusing and out of context.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 01:21 PM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

so sorry, I've completely read this wrong, my confusion.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I certainly missed the "W" in the first reply as well! We bring a cooler to the waterparks too but I also read the OP"s question as being about the theme parks.
Old 19 Oct 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I don't know if they have stopped this as its cooled down, but while we were there in August, Disney had setup several water stations in every park.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
We have always filled our bottles from the various fountains. There's usually lovely cold water at the fountain between the shop beside philharmagic and the castle.
Over the years, I've noticed that Disney have reduced the number of drinking fountains around the parks and some that exist dispense luke warm water. For cold water, the best ones I found were outside rest rooms. As some have already said, self service restaurant drink stations are a good place to fill up with water.

I bought a water bottle from Walgreens for $10 that also sprayed a fine mist. I sprayed this onto my face and arms - wonderful!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List