Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Dec 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gaity
Very Serious Dibber

gaity's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Parking at MCO

We go 1 week before my brother arrives at MCO and i am picking him up from the airport
Does anyone know of any car parks reasonably priced either on or offsite as I like to get to the airport early and people watch
gaity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nsal0101
Excited about Disney

If you read stuboys trip report which is great he mentions about returning to MCO and states where he parked. Hope it helps
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post12782471
* Rosen Inn@pointe May 2018...
Just hope they are not the last
nsal0101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Just park in the normal short term parking. It is extremely cheap compared to any UK airport I gave been to.

I can't remember exactly how much as I now use my Sunpass on exit. There is a pay booth on the drive out not pay on foot machines.
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Just park in the normal short term parking. It is extremely cheap compared to any UK airport I gave been to.

I can't remember exactly how much as I now use my Sunpass on exit. There is a pay booth on the drive out not pay on foot machines.
The fees for short stay are:

Grace period for first 20 minutes
$2 for 21 to 40 minutes, then
$1 for each additional 20 minutes (or any part thereof from the time of entry) up to a maximum of $17, then
$17 per 24-hour period (maximum stay 60 days)

Shame its not the same as TPA which gives 60 mins free.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
First of all find out which terminal your brother will arrive at. If it's direct on a UK flight (VS, BA or TC) he will arrive on side B.

Park in the multi-storey garage on the appropriate side(above the car hire areas). In my limited experience it's easier driving straight up to the roof rather than driving round all the lower decks. Grab a lift all the way down, through the tunnel and up to level 3 and meet him in the walkway through from the monorail.

As Donna says you can pay using cash, CC or Sunpass. But a word of warning - you need to register your Sunpass first with MCO. I've no idea how you do this because we were caught out picking up our daughter a couple of weeks ago. We entered through the Sunpass barrier but it wouldn't let us through the barrier when leaving. A girl attendant told us we should have "registered" first. She let us out after we paid her some cash. Cost us $4 for around 1.5 hours.

Mick
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My Sunpass is registered to my car rather than being one of the portable ones that can be moved between cars. Maybe that is what she meant.
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
The fees for short stay are:

Grace period for first 20 minutes
$2 for 21 to 40 minutes, then
$1 for each additional 20 minutes (or any part thereof from the time of entry) up to a maximum of $17, then
$17 per 24-hour period (maximum stay 60 days)

Shame its not the same as TPA which gives 60 mins free.
Considering it used to cost me £££ with no grace period at Heathrow when my mum was often already waiting for me, I am not complaining.

There is actually a free "cell phone " lot where you can wait as long as you want and then drive round to the ramp when whoever you are picking up rings you. A call from a UK phone might cost more than the parking though!
Old 6 Dec 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
... There is actually a free "cell phone " lot where you can wait as long as you want and then drive round to the ramp when whoever you are picking up rings you. A call from a UK phone might cost more than the parking though!
We've done this before and usually send a text when we're waiting at the pick up ramp, that doesn't cost much.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

We simply made 2 hire car bookings, changing cars on the day we went to the airport to meet someone. Cost no more than a single booking for the full period. No parking charges and we had loads of time to wander around the airport, while we were waiting.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
We simply made 2 hire car bookings, changing cars on the day we went to the airport to meet someone. Cost no more than a single booking for the full period. No parking charges and we had loads of time to wander around the airport, while we were waiting.

Did you need a bigger car or fancy something different? We have done this for a 7 day cruise but I wouldn't want two collections and returns to avoid a few $'s parking.