Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jan 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hiphopanonymus View Post
I used to work there and still have several friend whom work there as well. Basically their currently undergoing pretty big construction in the back to overhaul their kitchen in preparation for releasing a prix fixe menu. The cast there still haven't been informed of exact price and or status of "signature" or not but rumors among them are $55 to $75 dollar range which would be inline with signature status. There are no exact dates as construction is taking awhile due to them not closing restaurant so as not to affect dining reservation until change. (read as they don't wanna lose money by shutting it down to complete faster.)
that price point is in line with Cinderella's Royal table so my guestimate would be it's going to be 2 TS credits...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hiphopanonymus View Post
I used to work there and still have several friend whom work there as well. Basically their currently undergoing pretty big construction in the back to overhaul their kitchen in preparation for releasing a prix fixe menu. The cast there still haven't been informed of exact price and or status of "signature" or not but rumors among them are $55 to $75 dollar range which would be inline with signature status. There are no exact dates as construction is taking awhile due to them not closing restaurant so as not to affect dining reservation until change. (read as they don't wanna lose money by shutting it down to complete faster.)
Thank you for that

I will, I think in the mean time take this off our list. There are so many other places we want to try, and as we've been twice before I don't think it'll warrant 2TS from us.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bazza7676
Getting Excited

We book a table whenever we visit, but that's because it's a 1 credit restaurant. Doubt we'd book if it became a signature.
bazza7676 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Awww we had BOG planned for next year - might have to switch to Ohana if it goes to Signature...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alisonjones View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing - does look like a 2TS then - hope the food vastly improves then
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
that price point is in line with Cinderella's Royal table so my guestimate would be it's going to be 2 TS credits...
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Thank you for that

I will, I think in the mean time take this off our list. There are so many other places we want to try, and as we've been twice before I don't think it'll warrant 2TS from us.

well I'm always very wary of people on forums who share inside knowledge and information on their very first post and only post, on a nick they've just registered for the occasion

so I not only take that with a pinch of salt, I'll use the whole salt shaker

Edited at 04:03 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We shall see what happens.

I've only eaten here for dinner (at 4.20 pm which was the only time we could get!) Dinner was nice and relaxed, the rack of lamb was delicious, the service was good and meeting the Beast was fun. However, the restaurant would have to change quite a bit to be 2TS in my book. Not least the acoustics of the building. There's a reason Mouse Chat podcast called it 'Disney's fanciest mess hall'!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Why would making it a signature involve a major refurb of the kitchen? I don’t understand.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It wouldn’t. The restaurant is staying open for breakfast and lunch so there is no ‘major kitchen refurbishment’

They may be changing the menu, but that won’t require any kitchen re-tooling
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
It wouldn’t. The restaurant is staying open for breakfast and lunch so there is no ‘major kitchen refurbishment’

Didn’t think so.

I definitely wouldn’t go as a 2 TS with the current menu. In fact more than that. We paid OOP once for dinner and I didn’t think it was that great. Would give it another chance on DDP for 1 credit but there would have to be a huge change for me to spend 2.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3family View Post

I thought that ...I mean as long as you have pots pans a couple of cookers then away you go right? If they were doing a massive refurb then surely they would just close and do the work not carry on serving brekkie and lunch...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List