Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Mar 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Does anybody know if this can be used for the allergy menus please?
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dancin View Post
Does anybody know if this can be used for the allergy menus please?
I don’t recall seeing this on there... more the standard menu boards. For example, when ordering a burger or sandwich, it gives the options of having fries, apples slices or carrots etc
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Im so looking forward to using this in July, I hate queuing
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
This sounds a perfect activity to keep you occupied while waiting in line for a ride. The only disadvantage might be that it will make my tummy rumble 😁
Old 6 Mar 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
starwarsclark
Excited about Disney

This is very interesting, how does this work with the added option to have alcohol with your meal please, can you choose beer/wine/cocktails etc as an option when ordering?
starwarsclark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It also comes up on your phone to remind you when you are near certain restaurants.
For example we were in DHS yesterday and had messages about it once when we walked past the ABC Commissary and the second time the Backlot Express.

However although the Park was really busy both eateries were quiet.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Ash View Post
I don’t recall seeing this on there... more the standard menu boards. For example, when ordering a burger or sandwich, it gives the options of having fries, apples slices or carrots etc
Ok thanks, that's a shame thou. Always have to queue and wait for allergy food after queuing in normal queue to order it so would of been nice to be able to miss a bit of queuing. At least I know I can get good allergy free foods at WDW so will put up with the queues

Sarah
Old 6 Mar 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It also comes up on your phone to remind you when you are near certain restaurants.
For example we were in DHS yesterday and had messages about it once when we walked past the ABC Commissary and the second time the Backlot Express.

That's probably why you were sent a message, to encourage you to go in and eat during a quiet time, instead of waiting till peak times.
Old 6 Mar 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi,

I've just had a quick play with the mobile ordering on the map. Not sure if it will work for us due to a couple of things, or maybe I'm not looking in the correct place but:

- How do you customise your order? For example if you want the burger but just plain (no toppings).

- Drinks. I can see you can select the usual fizzy stuff and lemonade. No option for milk or bottled water? I don't drink fizzy so ideally would get a milk and give it to my toddler. I would drink the free water. If can't get milk then I'd take a bottled water.

Maybe the above wouldn't be doable at a counter anyway?
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

If I recall correctly, when you load the app you are asked if you wish to opt in for push notifications. If you do, Disney will then 'push' messages out to you depending on your profile/location. Some people like it, some don't.

Useful for them as they can target marketing and potentially use it to manage demand around the parks.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List