Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Curious why Popeyes hasn't been mentioned? must admit I haven't tried it state side but we have one on a local USAF base nearby and when I worked there I loved the beans and rice and biscuits. The website seems to have some good deals on it and we are considering grabbing some on our way from the airport when we arrive.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tynxuk View Post
Curious why Popeyes hasn't been mentioned? must admit I haven't tried it state side but we have one on a local USAF base nearby and when I worked there I loved the beans and rice and biscuits. The website seems to have some good deals on it and we are considering grabbing some on our way from the airport when we arrive.

That's a good point actually. We tried it last time and really enjoyed it, forgot to add it to my list for this year! Its going on now I believe there is one on H27 opposite Posner Park now.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
That's a good point actually. We tried it last time and really enjoyed it, forgot to add it to my list for this year! Its going on now I believe there is one on H27 opposite Posner Park now.
We'll be popping into the one on Mccoy road, it's only 10 mins from MCO.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

The Main question Is...

Are Ponderosa and Golden Corral that bad nowadays?

I last visited both in 2007, and they were ok for Breakfast and a carb fuelled dinner. Being spoilt with ADR's over recent years I have not done any offsite dining. Would like to take the kids there to show them old school. Even with free kids meals, is it going to be that bad?
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BufordT View Post
The Main question Is...

I last visited both in 2007, and they were ok for Breakfast and a carb fuelled dinner. Being spoilt with ADR's over recent years I have not done any offsite dining. Would like to take the kids there to show them old school. Even with free kids meals, is it going to be that bad?
Haven't been in a Ponderosa for at least 10 years ourselves and have no plans to return. 14 years on the DIBB and GC polarises opinions more than any other restaurant. We don't do dinner there but maybe once a week have breakfast. Just manage your expectations and don't expect the Ritz. Good value, wide choice and reasonable food.

Others won't agree though.

Mick
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

The Main question Is...

Some golden corrals aren’t particularly clean but we find the one in Vineland ave to be the best one we’ve found
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

I am not really sure I was rude but if you thought I was, then that was not my intention and I am sorry.

Your suggestion of sharing bottomless drinks exasperated me, hence the expression at the end of the message that was all, as I simply don't think it is acceptable.

The Dibb has always been full of people with different views and the content on here is no more rude than it was 10 years or more ago. Public forums are full of people with different opinions.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The Main question Is...

I know lots of people love Golden Corral but we really did hate it. Not sure of the name of the location but it was near Pointe Orlando. We are not food snobs by any stretch but we thought it was truly awful. We went for breakfast and barely ate anything. The food offerings were just weird ! The toilets were horrendous and the place looked filthy. I didn’t even think for 4 of us it was particularly cheap. We went on the last day of the holiday and it put us on even more of a downer ! I would just spend that little bit more and go to Perkins or ihop. I do appreciate that lots of people like them but it just wasn’t for us.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
I am not really sure I was rude but if you thought I was, then that was not my intention and I am sorry.

Your suggestion of sharing bottomless drinks exasperated me, hence the expression at the end of the message that was all, as I simply don't think it is acceptable.

The Dibb has always been full of people with different views and the content on here is no more rude than it was 10 years or more ago. Public forums are full of people with different opinions.
Nothing wrong with a different opinion, but no need to ridicule someone else’s suggestion
Old 10 Apr 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I know lots of people love Golden Corral but we really did hate it. Not sure of the name of the location but it was near Pointe Orlando. We are not food snobs by any stretch but we thought it was truly awful. We went for breakfast and barely ate anything. The food offerings were just weird ! The toilets were horrendous and the place looked filthy. I didn’t even think for 4 of us it was particularly cheap. We went on the last day of the holiday and it put us on even more of a downer ! I would just spend that little bit more and go to Perkins or ihop. I do appreciate that lots of people like them but it just wasn’t for us.
That location is probably the worst one we’ve seen