Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 May 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CardiffBob View Post
Am I the only one here who thought the OP was asking if there were any titty bars in America?
I know, reading it back after typing it doesnt look so good
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Hi Mick, I've driven through... It's historic apparently. founded in 1884.

Was it Lake Minneola? Did you find the Tiki Bar?
We just stopped lakeside and drove through the downtown area. Yes it was Minneola.

Mick
Old 25 May 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We just stopped lakeside and drove through the downtown area. Yes it was Minneola.

Mick
Great photo

If you do ever get chance, try the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola, even if it's just for a cold beverage We usually see lots of different birds, even an eagle who landed on the water to catch a fish and we all watched with bated breath to see if he made it out of the water without getting waterlogged. Half the bar was ready to jump in and pull him out, but he managed it and gave us a magnificent display!
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Great photo

If you do ever get chance, try the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola, even if it's just for a cold beverage We usually see lots of different birds, even an eagle who landed on the water to catch a fish and we all watched with bated breath to see if he made it out of the water without getting waterlogged. Half the bar was ready to jump in and pull him out, but he managed it and gave us a magnificent display!
People sometimes have accused me of taking a thread off topic over the last 14 years.

ChrisS is a big fan of eagles down in Bokeelia.

We aren't ornithology experts by any means but sitting round the pool for four weeks we've seen some interesting ones lately.

A regular visitor overhead was a white tailed kite and an occasional sighting of a cardinal bird (but as it's the State bird I guess that's not unusual ).

A bit of Googling told us that a regular songbird with the song and size of a blackbird was probably a mockingbird and they regularly perched on the pool screen. One day a hawk perched on the screen roof and a mockingbird actually flew right at it and forced the hawk to fly away.

Finally in our bird spotting experiences we saw this on Manatee Beach on AMI. Google suggested it was yellow crowned night heron.

Mick

Edited at 08:40 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
People sometimes have accused me of taking a thread off topic over the last 14 years.

ChrisS is a big fan of eagles down in Bokeelia.

We aren't ornithology experts by any means but sitting round the pool for four weeks we've seen some interesting ones lately.

A regular visitor overhead was a white tailed kite and an occasional sighting of a cardinal bird (but as it's the State bird I guess that's not unusual ).

A bit of Googling told us that a regular songbird with the song and size of a blackbird was probably a mockingbird and they regularly perched on the pool screen. One day a hawk perched on the screen roof and a mockingbird actually flew right at it and forced the hawk to fly away.

Finally in our bird spotting experiences we saw this on Manatee Beach on AMI. Google suggested it was yellow crowned night heron.

Mick
Yes apologies OP for chatting off-topic

I've seen ChrisS's post about the eagles. I worry about the babies!

The Mockingbirds are furious little things. If they see a threat when they have eggs, they call to others to come in and they take turns swooping the potential intruder to drive them away. They even do it to our Rottie in the garden, much to his bewilderment.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not at all..all interesting

Actually, DW wants to go up to the Tiki bar at some point as she knows someone who has a home up there and they go there...never been that far up H27 - so may take a drive this year to sit by the lake with a cool one...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Not at all..all interesting

Actually, DW wants to go up to the Tiki bar at some point as she knows someone who has a home up there and they go there...never been that far up H27 - so may take a drive this year to sit by the lake with a cool one...
Thank you

Some nice places up there, especially on the lake. We've seen a seaplane come in a couple of times. How the other half live!
Old 25 May 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CardiffBob View Post
Am I the only one here who thought the OP was asking if there were any titty bars in America?
nope
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Hi Folks
I have never taken food into the US on any previous trip but this year the kids want to take the Nakd fruit bars that they have every day here... especially for the first few days whilst on site till we get to a supermarket

They are fruit but they are wrapped ?...anyone know if these are OK to take in?...will obviously disclose them on the form as well...

Thanks
Hi, just wondering how you got on with the Nakd bars. Any trouble getting through with them.
We are planning to take some in September if allowed
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee-Anne
Getting Excited

I took these through LAX for my son a few weeks ago. No problems.
Lee-Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List