Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Aug 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile Adding extra day at disney before our package starts, can it be done?

Hi guys,
Thinking of adding an extra day at disney the day before our package on site starts but not onto our package as there doesn't seem to be availability for the extra night in our current resort.
You used to be able to pick up the tickets part of the package up to three days before your package started, is this still the case?
We would still likely be staying on site, but just not in the same resort. And our tickets would still be enough to cover the extra day as we'll have the 21 day tickets.
Hope someone can advise. 🙂
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

If by package you mean you booked hotel and tickets together to qualify for free dining then sadly it wouldn’t work. Your tickets are linked to the stay which includes free dining and therefore cannot be activated until that day.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

The party line you get from Disney is no they can’t be used until your package starts.

Some people have reported success at guest services of getting them activated earlier. You won’t get assurances from Disney before you go though. When we did this we ended up just enjoying the resort and didn’t ask when we were there.
Old 3 Aug 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The party line you get from Disney is no they can’t be used until your package starts.

Some people have reported success at guest services of getting them activated earlier. You won’t get assurances from Disney before you go though. When we did this we ended up just enjoying the resort and didn’t ask when we were there.
As above ^.

If you look on Disney's UK website (here) it clearly states that guests who booked a package can't pick up the tickets before they check-in. Primarily, this is because on-site guests access their tickets via MagicBands and they can't pick those up beforehand.

However, in the past on disboards, it has been mentioned that American guests can pick up their tickets up to 3 days beforehand if you go to Guest Services and request "Early Ticket Pick-Up". Although much of this anecdotal evidence seems old.

So, officially - no. Unofficially - maybe?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:10 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's what I thought you might say, thanks for your responses.
It's just so frustrating. We can't add an additional night onto the beginning of our current booking and if we book a different hotel /room we can't get into disney so the day could end up being wasted. Just not sure what to do.
If once free dining is over they bring out more availability for our current hotel, and we were able to add the extra night would we still get the free dining package we've currently booked? Know last time I was able to, but that was a couple of years ago now, and things always seem to change with disney.
😏

Thanks as always guys. 🙂
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are in the same situation. I don't think it'll be a waste as we will make it a pool day or even a resort hopping day. Just looking around the resorts can be great fun , mix in the boat to Fort Wilderness , Port Orleans (from Disney Springs) , monorail between the lagoon resorts and it's still a very Disney day. Most resorts have kids activities going on Or even go see the animals at AKL. There's a lot to see and do without needing park admission. Often this stuff gets missed on park days .

And yes if your extra night opens up you'll still keep your free dining.

Edited at 10:04 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We are in the same situation. I don't think it'll be a waste as we will make it a pool day or even a resort hopping day. Just looking around the resorts can be great fun , mix in the boat to Fort Wilderness , Port Orleans (from Disney Springs) , monorail between the lagoon resorts and it's still a very Disney day. Most resorts have kids activities going on Or even go see the animals at AKL. There's a lot to see and do without needing park admission. Often this stuff gets missed on park days .

And yes if your extra night opens up you'll still keep your free dining.
Thanks for this, I know what you mean about using it to visit other resorts and a pool day🙂. What I meant by a waste is that we will have 21 day tickets that we won't be using all of, and it's our families tradition to go to breakfast at ohanas on our first morning followed by magic Kingdom, and we wouldn't be able to do that.
But I'm thinking if we can't add an extra night or use our tickets a day early, to potentially rent dvc points and stay somewhere like the beach club villas or poly and enjoy their facilities and do some shopping on the first day. Still not quite as special as mk on the first day but would be special as never stayed at either of those resorts.
I did also ponder doing our discovery cove day that first day, but not sure if I should save that for a relaxing day in the middle of the holiday...
Hmm choices choices... 🙂
Old 4 Aug 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Is it for your actual arrival night from the UK? Or are you staying somewhere else before disney?

If so you can check in to your package hotel super early and still do Ohana and magic kingdom on your first day. It would just be a bed for the night then, dinner and a little pool time? Disney will move your luggage and you can still use the magic express.
Old 4 Aug 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Have you booked direct with Disney? We have had this in the past where we needed an extra night at the beginning because of flights and were originally told no availability. I persevered though and emailed to explain our situation and I got a call back a few days later, the UK allocation of rooms was gone but there was still availability so they booked us the extra night from US allocation. Don't know if this will work for you but it's worth a try

I'm trying to remember which email address I used but it was a few years ago, i'll see if I can track it down

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Is it for your actual arrival night from the UK? Or are you staying somewhere else before disney?

If so you can check in to your package hotel super early and still do Ohana and magic kingdom on your first day. It would just be a bed for the night then, dinner and a little pool time? Disney will move your luggage and you can still use the magic express.
Unfortunately, or fortunately (which ever way you want to look at it &#128521 we will be staying elsewhere the night we fly in on the 11th and our reservation is from the 13th at cbr, so its the 12th I'd need the extra disney night on. As originally we were going to fly in on the 12th, but I have an additional day off work so thought why not go a day earlier. 🙂