Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I would assume 'no glass' of course but to be able to have your own at all is great.What about in the hotel lobby?
As in could you buy wine in the resort shop in AKL and drink it in the lobby? That's pushing it I would imagine...
Thanks everyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Thanks so much. Yes we will be in AKL. Do you mean you can buy it from resorts and have in room? That would be ok I suppose, I wonder would they give us glasses.
Don't fancy my wine from a toothbrush mug lol...

I sound like a lush!
Not from resorts but from Walgreens or another supermarket outside of Disney. We got a taxi to Walgreens, loaded up with beer and wine and got a taxi back to our resort. Had lovely cold drinks for the rest of the holiday.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Found that the prices of wine can be quite reasonable at some of the offsite dining places.

Millers for instance, you can normally get a glass of reasonable wine for $3-$4 and the same for a pint of beer.

Chillis have a happy hour before 7pm, where you get 2 for 1.

Olive Garden & longhorns though were quite expensive in comparison but still not quite disney prices.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

That's very reasonable, Muzland. We are onsite all the time , first at Disney and then at Universal.
Will have Club at Universal though so wine in the evening there included which will be enough for us.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

That's very reasonable, Muzland. We are onsite all the time , first at Disney and then at Universal.
Will have Club at Universal though so wine in the evening there included which will be enough for us.
only between 17:00-19:00 but of course you can take a glass or two to your room for later
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes but that should be loads for us. Can't wait !
Old 7 Aug 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would assume 'no glass' of course but to be able to have your own at all is great.What about in the hotel lobby?
As in could you buy wine in the resort shop in AKL and drink it in the lobby? That's pushing it I would imagine...
Thanks everyone.
You’d look very odd wandering around AKL lobby drinking wine regardless where you bought it from. It’s not that kind of area.

I spent $200 on wine in 2 weeks are Disney. That was two bottles with meals and I took half a bottle back to the room both times ($110) and then 7 individual glasses. 6 with meals and 1 in Worldshowcase. Was never even a bit tipsy all trip. Would usually take me 3 months to spend that much on wine if not 4.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Scoobydoo. I was picturing a hotel lobby maybe attached to a bar where others might be having wine bought on the premises.
Old 8 Aug 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Scoobydoo. I was picturing a hotel lobby maybe attached to a bar where others might be having wine bought on the premises.
We have only stayed onsite once before at AoA. However, AoA doesn't have a bar/lounge area and I think many of the value resorts are set up the same. This year we are staying at POFQ and I think there is a bar area either at FQ or POR but again, I feel it isn't like any other type of holiday resort where the bar/lounge area is the main place to relax in the evening.

I don't feel going out for drinks is usual at Disney. I may be wrong, but for us, we found we were so busy in the parks both day and evenings, we only had about 3 drinks the whole holiday. One was at DS and cost a shocking $11 and we bought a 6 pack of beers at AoA food court which were expensive but cheaper than the parks, and shared them in our room over a couple of evenings before bed.

I feel I will drink a few more this time, due to the included drink with free ddp. But it really is a different type of holiday to a European style of resort and I find we just don't want to drink much alcohol in Disney. Still eat too much though 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

See i loved sitting out on the waterside at DS listening to music and having a couple of drinks to chill out in the evening. After the hustle and bustle of the day it felt relaxing (even if it was busy at Ds)