Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 09, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Advanced Dining Reservations back to 180 Days Booking

inline imageEffective 27 October 2009, Advanced Dining Reservations will go back to a 180 plus 10 day booking window.

This does not affect resort reservation for dates up to 24 January 2010. Anyone booked up to 24 January 2010 will continue to use the 90 day booking window.

This change will not impact existing dining, recreation and tour reservations. These reservations will be honored as booked.

As a part of our normal course of business, we regularly evaluate feedback from our Guests and adjust our offerings accordingly. As a result, we have made the decision to adjust to a 180-day booking window for dining, recreation and tour offerings (+10 days for Resort Guests). At the same time, the Theme Park Operating Calendar will be published to Guests 180 days out as well.

This adjusted booking window will go into effect, Tuesday, October 27, 2009.

We feel this will offer Guests a better service in order to coordinate and plan their vacations.

FAQs:

Q: Why is the booking window transitioning to a 180-day window?
A: As a part of our normal course of business, we regularly evaluate feedback from our Guests and adjust our offerings accordingly. As a result, we have made the decision to adjust to a 180-day booking window for dining, recreation and tour offerings (+10 days for Resort Guests). We feel this offer provides our Guests with a greater window of time to pre-plan their vacation.

Q: Will park hours also be going to a 180-day window?
A: Yes, park hours will also reflect a 180-day window for Guests on our Disney.com
website.

Q: How will Guests who have a current reservation be notified that they can now book 180 days out?
A: Guests who have already booked future resort reservations for arrivals after January 25, 2010, will be notified via phone or email of the upcoming policy change for booking 180 days in advance (+10 days for Resort Guests).

Q: Will this 180-day booking window also apply to Resort room reservations?
A:No, reservations for Walt Disney World® Resort hotels may be secured up to 500 days in advance.

Q: Will this 180-day booking window apply to bookings made online for both Guest and Cast reservations?
A: Yes, it will apply to all our Walt Disney World® Resort booking venues.

Q: Will Walt Disney World Resort Guests still receive the 180-day plus 10-days benefit?
A:Yes, Walt Disney World® Resort Guests will have the 180-day plus 10-days benefit.

Q: What is the 180-days plus 10-days benefit for Resort Guests?
A: Walt Disney World® Resort Guests are able to book 180 days out from their arrival date and up to an additional 10 days of their stay. This allows Resort Guests to potentially book dining, recreation and tour reservations for their entire stay and not have to call back every day after the initial booking.

Q: Does the change impact existing dining, recreation and tour reservations currently booked?
A: No, all existing dining, recreation and tour reservations will be honored as booked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	144839
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	17323  
Old 18 Aug 09, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gaz316
Excited about Disney

Does that mean that you can book a breakfast with the chracters 180 days as well?
gaz316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

As I read it, it will apply to all ADRs which would include character meals
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alim
Apprentice Imagineer

Am I right in saying this will not start until 27th October. We go in February and I want to book CRT. 180 days will come before 27thth October for us so do I have to wait till then to book?

Sorry if I have confused you but I am a little confused myself. We are not staying on site!
Old 19 Aug 09, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yaaaaaaaaay
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Happy days
Old 19 Aug 09, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bex0309
slightly serious Dibber

Fab!

Sounds great!

We are off in April so great time for us, plus we're onsite too!
Nov 2011: OKW & WDW Wedding! Sep 2010: Coronado Springs
bex0309 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gill38
Apprentice Imagineer

great, can plan and book a lot earlier now. Hated the 90 days.
Old 19 Aug 09, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

yippee - countdown to ADR booking just got shorter!
Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by alim View Post
Am I right in saying this will not start until 27th October. We go in February and I want to book CRT. 180 days will come before 27thth October for us so do I have to wait till then to book?

Sorry if I have confused you but I am a little confused myself. We are not staying on site!
You will be able to book from october 27th as your 90 day window would have been AFTER that date anyways! Good luck!

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List