Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 10, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Originally Posted by jonathan court View Post
My kids love that one ,are their ony more in disney
There's one at Crossroads. It's not on Disney Site, but only a 15-20min walk from DTD (or 2 min drive). We don't really go to McD's here let alone in the US, but we did go the once this trip and the girls really enjoyed it.

Jules xx

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sparks1
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, I'm gutted tbh! I hate McDonalds over here but when we went to the one in DTD last year it was fab! You had little packets of nuts and things to put on the sundaes and the chicken nuggets tasted like they used to when I was a kid. Not healthy and full of crap I know but as a one off it was really enjoyable.
sparks1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney have been cutting ties with McDonalds for a while now, it started with the toys in the happy meal

i am afraid to say that McDonalds does not fit in with disneys healthy eating idea's

thus it was allways going to go

personally the McDonalds in the USA is poor , veggie option, not a hope in hell
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 10, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Dear WTP this may be just the opportunity you need to try other things. I can't beleive people pay all that money to fly halfway across the world and eat in a McDonalds all the time. (meant with love)
Old 8 Feb 10, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Really like the sound of this. :-)
Old 8 Feb 10, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
oh no ! say it isn't true !
yeah i know its McDonalds, but it is OUR family tradition to go there on our 1st night as we never feel like eating much after travelling and MC'S fits the bill. we sit and people watch have a burger, then stretch our legs wandering around DTD then back to MC D's for a coffee and an apple pie. once this is done we sat" were HOME ", it just won't be the same without MCdonalds. we go 9 days after its closed .
Agree with you! after a long flight it's a nice easy option, the grilled chicken was so nice! quick bite to eat, wander round the shops then back to hotel. Never mind, thought this would happen when McD fries started to disappear from the parks. Never liked the one at Crossroads.

EOS is so nice, the BLT is amazing! so that's what we will have the future!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 10, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
wow, thats quite amazing
Have you ever noticed how you can smell burgers all the way around the edge of the parks? It's the steam trains using the recycled oil. We discovered this when we did the "Behind our Steam trains" tour.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
Old 8 Feb 10, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

The last few years the cleanliness of the DTD McDonald's certainly left a lot to be desired. Not what you'd expect on Disney property.

But as someone said earlier sometimes you just want a quick cheap meal. Whilst it wont effect me much, for families with young children a little familiarity can be a good thing.

For a company like Disney who are brilliant at keeping people on property, this seems a bit of an odd move. Unless the new restaurant offers a reasonable priced and reasonable quality meal aimed at young families I can see more temptation to go to other areas to visit brands that are well known.

Also with DTD being a bit of a ghost town at the moment, I would have thought they'd be looking to add rather than replace.

Cheers
Pete

Edited at 03:33 PM.
Old 8 Feb 10, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Shame its going our DS loves the place and sometimes just didnt fancy anything else last trip out. With all the plans for Pleasure Island you would think there would be room for both. IMHO the good old $$$$ prob has more to do with it
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 10, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

thats a shame, we like taking the kids in there.
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List