Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Feb 10, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Disney have been cutting ties with McDonalds for a while now, it started with the toys in the happy meal

i am afraid to say that McDonalds does not fit in with disneys healthy eating idea's

thus it was allways going to go

personally the McDonalds in the USA is poor , veggie option, not a hope in hell
I doubt I'm the only one who struggles to find any "healthy" eating, fast food in any of the disney parks, no, hold one, we saw A fruit stand in a park (DHS i think). One, in the whole collection of different parks and DTD! Not healthy eating in my opinion!

Probably more about $$$$$ as someone else has said.
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 10, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubsi
slightly serious Dibber

Bubsi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Oh dear, this is tragic! such a shame to see such a landmark disappearing to... well...

campero/index.php?sho...04&cat_prod=82

see for yourselves!

I know which i'll prefer, and i think given that McDonalds was always packed in there, Earl of Sandwich and other quick eat places will benefit financially.

Anyone know why the ties between disney and mcdonalds have been cut?

July 2004 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Sept 2005 - Marriott World Center
Nov 2006 - Marriott World Center
Nov 2007 - Marriott World Center
Sept 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Bubsi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I hope it isn't too expensive. sometimes we do to macs as it is a cheaper option.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 10, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I dont mind mc'ds once in a blue moon, but my ds wont be happy lol! but ive just seen the new pollo campero does chicken chunks so he will be happy, after all its his holiday too! we much prefer EOS for a quick bite, but hey ho nice to see a change, i would be interested to know why (as a previous poster has said) disney has dropped mc donalds, or vice versa,
Old 23 Feb 10, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Quite simple and logical really,
foodfacts.info/blog/2006/...ship-ends.html
Old 23 Feb 10, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
emma4g63
Imagineer

emma4g63's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
doesnt really make sense as disneys food on thier parks resembles mcdonalds style fayre to! burgers...fries..etc... not much difference

2016 BOOKED- SSR-Aoa-HRH-BWV-AKL
2014 September SSR and Dibb villa
2012 Hampton lakes with the family and our little princess
2010 trip cut short... R.I.P Dad (i will love you forever)
Tuscan hills 2009
emma4g63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Slilghtly off topic, but in a similar vein. I noticed in the UK area at Epcot today that the name 'Harry Ramsdens' no longer appears on the sign at the fish and chip shop. It is now called Yorkshire County Fish Shop, although Guiseley and 1928 still appear on the sign.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by emma4g63 View Post
doesnt really make sense as disneys food on thier parks resembles mcdonalds style fayre to! burgers...fries..etc... not much difference
Depends on where you eat. There are lots of nice places in WDW that are more than burgers and fries.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by emma4g63 View Post
Sorry Emma - but I disagree entirely.

Sure, theres a lot of junk, but there is also a wide variety of alternatives.

Just check out the Dining Menus and Reviews here at The DIBB and take a look at the numerous people discussing them and I reckon theres more to it than a McMickey!
Old 2 Mar 10, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
With Macdonalds in the lime light with all the 'who's making me fat' questions about it's only obvious that DW is going to drop them really, and I think it's a wise choice.

But thats only because we dont really 'do' Macdonalds here so certainly wouldnt abroad!

I do feel sorry for people that are used to going there as part of a tradition, or because it keeps the kids happy, but Im sure there are otherplaces that burgers are readily available, and the new place resembles that of a KFC to me, bargain buckets will be the next Big mac meal deal! lol
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List