Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

Next summer

Having had this years cancelled I couldn’t even think of next year, however BA sale has caught my attention..
I’m say 40/60 about going, if it was normal I’d be defo.
I’m not sure if I book I would be covered for cancelling with Covid. Dollar is poor and no real bargains.
Confidence in booking a villa not there for me. All unfortunate but that’s how I feel, and I love the villa option.
Car hire seems dear also.
Anyway not sure how demand is this moment in time, do we think BA and others will have a second wave of sales, later on, is there a way of measuring demand.
How many here booked for next summer.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We are booked for next summer- package holiday through ever after holidays with VA flights. We have 5 nights booked onsite at BC, then 14 nights in a villa.Only paid deposit so far. Balance not due until May next year so hopefully will be a clearer picture then. Decided to commit after we cancelled this years trip back in May. It’s all a bit of a gamble at the minute isn’t it? We were also thinking that prices might sky rocket if it is ok to travel then as the demand will likely be very high. I think quite a lot of dibbers have bookings for next year- we all need something to look forward to! 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We decided to book for next year, figured that once the border reopens, bookings will increase from people who weren’t sure... and that may push the prices up.

We’ll just move it again if we can’t go 🤷🏻
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've booked hotels for next September. My flights aren't out yet.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've booked for early Aug next year, villa with Airbnb that we can cancel 2 weeks before free of charge, fly drive with BA with flexible booking policy. The only thing I'm nervous about booking is overnight stay at Hard Rock Hotel using clubcard vouchers as they are non refundable and its £480s worth for one night. My problem is some of my vouchers run out in November this year but it's a lot to risk losing.
Old 27 Sep 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I’m tempted by an August trip next summer through BA (trying for a Universal stay which we were supposed to do this year), if it’s still up in the air when balance is due, how flexible are BA moving the deposit to something else?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you can cope with wearing a face covering for 9 hours on a flight and also at the parks in 100 degree heat then proceed to book. Some good prices at the moment
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
If you can cope with wearing a face covering for 9 hours on a flight and also at the parks in 100 degree heat then proceed to book. Some good prices at the moment
Do you think masks will still be a thing next summer ?...I was hoping for more along the lines of masks for indoor attractions and hopefully not needed outside by then
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve booked for June 2021 as got a great price for flights with United. I’m trying to remain positive thinking that some sort of normality has got to resume eventually.
Old 27 Sep 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Do you think masks will still be a thing next summer ?...I was hoping for more along the lines of masks for indoor attractions and hopefully not needed outside by then
No one knows what'll be like by next summer but some people have a very negative attitude. I've spent enough time on here to know who they are.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List