Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 14

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Flights to DLP

Iím looking at going to DLP next summer. I was wondering has anybody got any insights as to whether Iíd be better booking the flight seperately or as part of the package with DLP just in case it has to be cancelled due to Covid. I think Iíve got information overload and canít seem to figure it out.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
enjibenji
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 10

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I booked my package with BA
__________________
enjibenji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber
 
LOU LOU DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 13
I always book flights separate with easyJet then hotel & tickets with WDTC. This works for us.
__________________

Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18 & 19x2.
Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 20.
Disneyland Tokyo - 2016.
Disney Sea Tokyo - 2016.
Disneyland California - 2018.
Disney California Adventure - 2018.
NYC - 2016 & 2017, 2018.
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah & Antelope Canyon, 18 & 19.
LA - 2018
San Francisco - 2019.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've always booked separately but this year booked a package with DLP (to include AirFrance flights) - we got a full refund of the deposit + flight money with no problem at all.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - 19 days Sept/Oct '21 - fingers crossed.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Gill H
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Location: London

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Donít forget you will need to book transfers. Thereís the coach (for a charge), the TGV train or a private transfer.

We found RS Transports best value (shared shuttle, though in reality it probably will be just you). For 2 adults it worked out cheaper than either the coach or the train, and was door to door.
__________________
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Fab Mam
Trying for More Ears
 
Fab Mam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had Air France flights included as part of the package but I discovered they were not part of the ZEN guarantee so I would have needed to pay a fee to move them. However, customer service were great in that she advised me to hold off as the flights may be cancelled anyway in which case I would be due a full refund or if we were travelling within 7 days and quarantine was still a thing and we were not able to isolate on return then we would get a full refund. Low and behold the flights were cancelled and I got the accommodation part refunded within days and the flights within a month.

However, I have now re-booked a package but without flights for next march which I can cancel or move easily under the ZEN guarantee. I am holding off getting flights and will book them direct with Air France nearer the time as they have a fee free move but not cancel policy which the DLP package does not have. I think this is less risky as I don't have to hope they are cancelled.

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
I had Air France flights included as part of the package but I discovered they were not part of the ZEN guarantee so I would have needed to pay a fee to move them. However, customer service were great in that she advised me to hold off as the flights may be cancelled anyway in which case I would be due a full refund or if we were travelling within 7 days and quarantine was still a thing and we were not able to isolate on return then we would get a full refund. Low and behold the flights were cancelled and I got the accommodation part refunded within days and the flights within a month.

However, I have now re-booked a package but without flights for next march which I can cancel or move easily under the ZEN guarantee. I am holding off getting flights and will book them direct with Air France nearer the time as they have a fee free move but not cancel policy which the DLP package does not have. I think this is less risky as I don't have to hope they are cancelled.
How odd, we got our flight money + deposit for DLP back without any questions.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - 19 days Sept/Oct '21 - fingers crossed.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Fab Mam
Trying for More Ears
 
Fab Mam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
How odd, we got our flight money + deposit for DLP back without any questions.
Not odd really as it's part of their terms and conditions as per the website:

'Change or cancel your booking without fees*
Need to change or cancel your Hotel + Ticket package? As part of the zen guarantee, we are currently offering the possibility to change or cancel your booking with full refund anytime up to 7 days before your arrival date, excluding insurance(4). Also excluding transport fees, if applicable, according to our Terms & Conditions.'

They were also refunding including transport for those people due to go within 7 days but who could not quarantine back in the UK. Maybe they did you a special favour or you were within this 7 day window / quarantine situation but I certainly would not want to rely on that as it's a temp measure that could be removed anytime.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
Not odd really as it's part of their terms and conditions as per the website:

'Change or cancel your booking without fees*
Need to change or cancel your Hotel + Ticket package? As part of the zen guarantee, we are currently offering the possibility to change or cancel your booking with full refund anytime up to 7 days before your arrival date, excluding insurance(4). Also excluding transport fees, if applicable, according to our Terms & Conditions.'

They were also refunding including transport for those people due to go within 7 days but who could not quarantine back in the UK. Maybe they did you a special favour or you were within this 7 day window / quarantine situation but I certainly would not want to rely on that as it's a temp measure that could be removed anytime.
I must have got a nice CM as we were a couple months out and flights were still going.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - 19 days Sept/Oct '21 - fingers crossed.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Fab Mam
Trying for More Ears
 
Fab Mam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I must have got a nice CM as we were a couple months out and flights were still going.
That's good. My one was having none of it lol, although I'm glad she told me to wait.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3096
CaxtonFX  $1.3025
Covent Garden FX  $1.3230
FAIRFX  $1.3100
John Lewis  $1.3157
M&S  $1.2924
Post Office  $1.2902
Sainsburys  $1.3082
TESCO  $1.3096
Travelex  $1.3048
Updated: 11:30 26/11/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0976
CaxtonFX  €1.0938
Covent Garden FX  €1.1094
FAIRFX  €1.1050
John Lewis  €1.1021
M&S  €1.0829
Post Office  €1.0807
Sainsburys  €1.0968
TESCO  €1.0971
Travelex  €1.0931
Updated: 11:30 26/11/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now