Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 08, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5, anyone got one.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 9MP Digital Camera with 10x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. Look here

Has anyone got this camera, I've read loads of reviews on all different cameras I quite like this one. I've seen some sample photos and the 10 x zoom looks great.

If you have got it, hows the battery life it says on all the reviews it takes around 300 photos on a single charge.

Is this a good choice, or can you recommend me a different camera, I've looked into the TZ3 also this doesn't have many more features but isn't much more to buy.

I'd be grateful of any help, my camera at the moment is terrible on battery life so I'm going to treat myself.

Thank you, I'll look forward to read your replies.

Edited at 05:59 PM. Reason: Adding info
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 08, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have a different Lumix, the FX01 which is a great camera. When I bought it the DMC-TZ5 hadn't been released yet, if it had I would have bought that, as I think the 10x zoom is superb

All the Lumix cameras have a really good reputation.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 08, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I have a different Lumix, the FX01 which is a great camera. When I bought it the DMC-TZ5 hadn't been released yet, if it had I would have bought that, as I think the 10x zoom is superb

All the Lumix cameras have a really good reputation.

Thank you Bev. Do you mind me asking where you bought it from. Have you ever heard of egear, thats where I have got the best price.

Thanks for your help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 08, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The-Hulk-2002 View Post
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 9MP Digital Camera with 10x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. Look here

Has anyone got this camera, I've read loads of reviews on all different cameras I quite like this one. I've seen some sample photos and the 10 x zoom looks great.

If you have got it, hows the battery life it says on all the reviews it takes around 300 photos on a single charge.

Is this a good choice, or can you recommend me a different camera, I've looked into the TZ3 also this doesn't have many more features but isn't much more to buy.

I'd be grateful of any help, my camera at the moment is terrible on battery life so I'm going to treat myself.

Thank you, I'll look forward to read your replies.
i have a tz3 my 2nd ! - killed the first in york long story - i was led to believe the tz3 is to be discontinued so the tz5 is the up market version as such - i love the lumix range so i am biased!
Old 15 Jun 08, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
DS1 has a Lumix and is very pleased with it. He used to complain his other camera battery didn't hold it's charge very long but we haven't had any complaints about this one. Sorry I'm not sure what model it is.

Caron
Old 15 Jun 08, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kallen
Excited about Disney

We've got the TZ3 and never had any problems with it. It takes great pictures and has a fantastic zoom. We haven't had it long and got a fantastic price from Jacobs on line as the TZ5 had just come out to replace it. I haven't really hammered the battery yet to find out what it can do. That will be in September when we go back to see mickey!
kallen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 08, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread