Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Apr 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AMATO
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Disabled Blue Badge

**Disabled Blue Badge Info**

Apologies if there is a similar post.

Hi All, If you have a disability and intend to hire a car during your holiday or you will have a passenger in the vehicle who has a disability, I have just completed the process of obtaining a United States "Temporary Parking Placard" the US equivalent of the EU Blue Badge and thought I would share it with you all.

Firstly you will need to email the Orange County Tax Collector Operations centre and inform them that you wish to apply for a "Temporary Parking Placard" your contact here will be Angela Jadovitz-Reyes, AJReyes@octaxcol.com

I received a reply to my e-mail within 24hrs, they are really quick at getting back to you.

The reply message will read " Greetings,

To obtain a US Temporary Parking placard you will need to be in possession of one from your home country, please complete the attached form in the top section only to include your name, signature, travel dates (add under certifying physician), and complete permanent home address (we cannot accept a vacation address as we will mail your documents to your permanent address). We also require a copy of the applicant's passport and blue card (front & back) or disabled parking permit. Upon receipt of your documents a processing fee will be assessed in the amount of $17.00 US Dollars and we will then email you a US telephone number where you can make payment. Please email your documents to the email address below. Please do not email us your documents prior to 60 days before your travel date."

The attached form is a PDF form and the the sections you need to complete are highlighted in yellow, so you cant go wrong.

You will need 3 photographs, 1 of the disabled applicants passport (just the photograph page) and 2 photographs of the blue badge (front & rear).

Reply to AJReyes@octaxcol.com and include your 4 attachments (1 x completed form and 3 photographs)

Again, I received a reply to my e-mail within 24hrs, fantastic service.

The reply message read "Greetings,

We are in receipt of your documents for a temporary placard. Please contact us at 001 407 845 6256, 001 407 845 6185,or 001 407 845 6258 between the hours of 8:30am till 4:00pm EST except on Wednesday the time will be from 9:00am till 4:00pm to complete the payment process. Please inform the clerk who answers you wish to pay for your temporary parking placard and they will complete the payment process for you. Once the payment process is complete we will mail your documents to you.

Once you call back, you will be asked the disabled applicants surname and they will then ask for your credit card details. the total amount is $17 and they will post the "Temporary Parking Placard" to your home address and you should receive it within a week. The total call duration was 5 minutes max.

If you have a disability or will be travelling with someone with a disability I would totally recommend applying for the placard, the process is very easy and you get to park in all disabled parking including within the theme parks.

Hope you find this information useful, have a great holiday.
2011 - Westridge - Davenport
2019 - Davenport
AMATO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Deanne
Trading Disney Pins

Deanne's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the info, this is a great help for our up coming trip. I knew I got my mum a different parking badge last time she came with us to Orlando but couldn’t remember where.
Deanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrissyWissy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks for the info. Husband already has a Blue Badge and thought we could just use that, so will look into this now.

DLRP: Numerous - Most recent May 2014
WDW With Friends: Sept 2001 / Sept 2004 / May 2006
WDW With Family: Feb 2015 / Oct 2016 / May 2019 / Oct 2022
ChrissyWissy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrissyWissy View Post
Thanks for the info. Husband already has a Blue Badge and thought we could just use that, so will look into this now.
Our blue badge tends to be unofficially recognised in the theme parks. If you try to use it elsewhere you could get fined/towed. We have obtained the placard in the past. The process has changed but is still relatively straightforward 😊
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I wonder if George Woody still works there? Very nice man, extremely helpful.
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Very helpful, thanks. We are travelling with a blue badge holder on our next trip so will apply for this.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

great info thanks

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I wonder if George Woody still works there? Very nice man, extremely helpful.
Yes he does - but applications and queries were being sent to him "directly" and not through the process outlined above... so there has been a bit of a problem with that. There is a whole department involved in the processing of applications queries etc but if sent to George it causes a backlog - and cuts the rest of the dept. out.
Old 24 Jul 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I followed the process above and have to say they were excellent, I recieved my placard in 4 working days!
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi,
How would this work with resort parking at disney Hotels?
For our 14 nights at POFQ next year we would have to pay nightly parking charges but it states on the Disney site that disabled visitors get free parking. Does this blue badge allow us free parking for the duration of our stay. We have a blue badge for here in the UK for our son.
We were considering not having a car and using Disney transport which wouldn't be ideal for our son.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List