Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 17 Jul 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
icecreamgirl
I want to go now!

Mobile Disney DAS for Crohn’s Disease

Just wandering if anyone has any experience of getting a DAS at Disney for Crohn’s. I’m going in October and suffer with urgency and frequent trips to the toilet, I also suffer with fatigue and joint pain so standing for long time is not ideal. Wandering if this is something a DAS would be issued for. Thanks in advance
icecreamgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I have UC and get a DAS, you will no problem. I showed then my "can't wait" card from Crohn's & Colitis UK, but they didn't need to see it.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I just have bladder issues. They thinks it’s over active or something. Also have endo attached to bowels which I can get set off needing to do randomly.
I had no issue getting das. I explained and they were fine. I only actually used it on three rides in the three weeks we were there as I am usually ok with 30mins but some of the ones that are over an hour I have no chance at all.

Anyone know how long it lasts? I upgraded to annual pass an I’m not sure if I will have to speak to them about it again
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
icecreamgirl
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks for your replies, that’s reassuring to hear
icecreamgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I've used it at both Disney and Universal for Crohn's. It makes a big difference to your day if you're struggling. If you have a Blue Badge in the UK you can also get a temporary disabled parking permit. I found this a big help at the parks and also for shopping etc.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I just have bladder issues. They thinks it’s over active or something. Also have endo attached to bowels which I can get set off needing to do randomly.
I had no issue getting das. I explained and they were fine. I only actually used it on three rides in the three weeks we were there as I am usually ok with 30mins but some of the ones that are over an hour I have no chance at all.

Anyone know how long it lasts? I upgraded to annual pass an I’m not sure if I will have to speak to them about it again
We don't have an anuual pass but have been the last 3 years each time with a DAS pass. After the first year when we went back to Guest services they just reenabled it as we were already on the system. So I would take it with a annual it will last all year.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List