Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Tell me about Disney for Christmas and new year

Thinking of going at Christmas maybe next year. Probably from mid December to beginning of January.

What I don’t get is what everyone does for Christmas and new year as it’s obviously going to be different to home.
Where would you go to eat?
We would be offsite in a villa.

We wouldn’t be doing mvmcp but would have normal tickets.

How does it work with tickets as we would get a three week one but then it does ask for you to put the date in too. Don’t want it to expire in the middle.

How would we make it special for that time when in a villa that I’m assuming we can’t really decorate. Wouldn’t stay onsite unfortunately
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

most villas will have a wee christmas tree etc in the garage that you can put up. Your 3 week ticket would start on the day you first use it, you can't take a gap in the middle.
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We were there last year but onsite so slightly different.

We loved it, it was very busy over Christmas and new year but we were expecting that.

Christmas Day was our first full day - we went to MK for extra magic hours at 6am, HS for opening at 9 and had lunch there then ended up at Epcot and had dinner in our resort at night and watched wishes.

New Year’s Eve we spent time at the boardwalk, did mini golf, had dinner in HS and DH and I went to Epcot for fireworks at midnight.

We spent News Years day in the pool then dinner and dessert party at MK.

I did a full trip report. Here
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We were there last year but onsite so slightly different.

We loved it, it was very busy over Christmas and new year but we were expecting that.

Christmas Day was our first full day - we went to MK for extra magic hours at 6am, HS for opening at 9 and had lunch there then ended up at Epcot and had dinner in our resort at night and watched wishes.

New Year’s Eve we spent time at the boardwalk, did mini golf, had dinner in HS and DH and I went to Epcot for fireworks at midnight.

We spent News Years day in the pool then dinner and dessert party at MK.

I did a full trip report. Here
Ooooo this is what I’m gonna binge read tonight. Thank you
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
most villas will have a wee christmas tree etc in the garage that you can put up. Your 3 week ticket would start on the day you first use it, you can't take a gap in the middle.
Dunno what you mean gap.
First day would be probably be 16th December till 5th January maybe. Want to have the option for going every day within that holiday.
What I worry is that if I buy a “2020” ticket does that mean that I won’t be able to go in the January 2021
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Dunno what you mean gap.
First day would be probably be 16th December till 5th January maybe. Want to have the option for going every day within that holiday.
What I worry is that if I buy a “2020” ticket does that mean that I won’t be able to go in the January 2021
So long as your ticket is activated in 2020 it's still good to use into January 2021.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
So long as your ticket is activated in 2020 it's still good to use into January 2021.
Oh good awesome. Does the price drop closer to end of year too? I always like to book stuff in advance cos if not it give me the heebies but would book the tickets late if there’s price difference

Hubby should really not have set me off with this 🙄
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Just looked and I do believe that it is about £80 cheaper in December if you book now than when I did for our June holiday so that may be something else.
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

However bad you think the traffic may be over the peak holiday season, it will be worse. Build it into your expectations.

Some examples: Boxing Day a two hour line to get into the MK car park at 10am.

30 minutes to travel less than one mile of Hotel Plaza Blvd.

It is absolutely magical but the parks and roads are rammed for the middle week.
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
However bad you think the traffic may be over the peak holiday season, it will be worse. Build it into your expectations.

Some examples: Boxing Day a two hour line to get into the MK car park at 10am.

30 minutes to travel less than one mile of Hotel Plaza Blvd.

It is absolutely magical but the parks and roads are rammed for the middle week.
Wow. Never actually thought about that.