Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Nov 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanellope
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile TUI and lightsabers

Has anyone brought a Saa'vis lightsaber back with TUI? I know in Sanford they can be quite strict on your one piece of hand luggage, did you take the saber as your hand luggage or did you have to put it into the hold. I've found a previous post on this but OP only said he managed it but not how!
Have a 34 inch postage tube and tried this in our suitcases and it doesn't fit even diagonally using the depth of the suitcase, I'm trying to resist buying a new case but I obviously will if I have to.
Husband has been driving me bananas to the point where I've stopped lurking and created an account just to ask 😂
Vanellope is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi have you considered just getting the pieces and build when home
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

There were lots of lightsabers on our tui flight in September and they all had to go in the hold with fragile stickers on them.Put a luggage tag,ribbons or anything else on them to tell which is yours as they come out before the cases on the luggage belt!
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi have you considered just getting the pieces and build when home
Its the blade that's the problem, not the handle part, as it cannot be made any smaller.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We bought 3 and bought bubble wrap at Walmart and put them in our cases

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Barney3012
New Poster (2)

My TUI Experience August 2022

I was looking for information related to this last week before my flight from Melbourne Florida to Gatwick and could not find the answer, that said there seems to be NO consistency but this is my experience.
I flew back with 2 lightsabers from MLB to LGW with TUI. Before going on holiday I received an email from TUI which in part said if you bought a lightsaber do not take in to the cabin! We did this experience for my 2 lads.
Issue 1 - You can take the saber off the base but it is still long. We had to buy a new 32" suitcase to get the saber alone to fit corner to corner and it was close on space ($90 from a tat shop).
Anyway, we then went to the airport smug in our preparation. We were asked at check-in if we had a light saber (yes we do, we have 2). The check-in then said the UK government had declared these as weapons and so they have to check them in as separate luggage items and put in a special part of the hold. There had been no mention of this before!. This was annoying, but so be it. We got the sabers out, also the carry cases you get with them to protect them and handed them over. We were told they would appear with pushchairs etc at the other end of the flight.
We flew home and in fairness, ours and about 10 other identical sabers appeared at the normal baggage location, the moving belt. Before you ask, your name is also on the barcode sticker so you know which was which. I acted as dad and go ALL the sabers and read out the names for all people to make sure the correct person go theirs, but more to the point I got mine
The KICKER - friends of ours flew home with Virgin from MCO to Gatwick. They saw numerous people had carried theirs onto the flight, the FULL light saber with the handle attached. Therefore it is obviously not a government rule. Would have been nice to have been told the correct rules. I still don't know what those rules are and so be prepared..
Barney3012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Yvemc
Excited about Disney

We flew home Aer Lingus and took it on as hand luggage as it wouldn’t fit in the case. Flew via Dublin and had no issue carrying it on either flight.
WDW Hilton DTD 2001, Wyndham Palace DTD 2004, Sheraton Safari 2006, BC 2009, AKL 2012, BC 2014, AKL 2016, Portofino Bay & Boardwalk 2022, it was worth the wait! Ok I said not until 2025 yet here we go again! 2024 Universal RPR & Drurys Disney Springs!
Yvemc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Barney3012
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by Yvemc View Post
We flew home Aer Lingus and took it on as hand luggage as it wouldn’t fit in the case. Flew via Dublin and had no issue carrying it on either flight.
A much nicer, cheaper experience
Barney3012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Peoples experiences on various airlines get discussed a lot. Here’s the latest big thread:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ght=Lightsaber
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

our flight last week had dozens of lightsabers going in the hold. There was a lady walking the queue asking for lightsabers and snow globes
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List