Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Aug 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Your contact information is in your profile on MDE.
It’s that under the contact details on my app? I’ve got my new address on there which is good but my original tickets were ordered in my old address.

Don’t really wanna have to call them again since it was 1.5hours on phone. Maybe I’ll wait another few weeks.
Just so long as I actually get a refund I will be happy
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
Has anyone managed to work out the usable value...
Yes I used a spreadsheet but whether its right or not I don't know

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes It’s platinum but DVC discount price and an upgrade. If it was just the upgrade price definitely not worth it.
I was discussing with Mrs YT last night. I think we paid something like $350 to upgrade for each pass. So if we get the Easter trip in, we are still quids in. Of course we lose out if we don’t get any trip in. Then though there is the renewal cost vs the new purchase cost- if you cancel I take it they won’t offer renewal any more?
Yeah its things like the discounts etc I don't know if they will take into account or not. Also don't forget you may have also got some value out of it for parking on previous trip or discounts so it wont be the full $350 you've wasted if that makes you feel any better.

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
My head hurts working this out but basically.

My pass was activated Nov 30 last year, parks were closed March 18 - no of days =107 days
I paid $744 for a gold pass 744*107 = 79608
divide that by 366 days (leap year) = $217

$744- 217 = a refund of $527 - Less the refund I had in July of $229 = 298

The only thing I haven't taken into consideration is the Xmas blackout on the Gold pass, that may affect the calc so number of days I could have used the pass may be lot less.
Black out dates don't look like they are being refunded which adds another level of complexity in all this! Honestly its a mine field. BTW parks were closed for 117 days in total - not sure if yours had black out dates over Easter maybe making it 107?

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
It’s that under the contact details on my app? I’ve got my new address on there which is good but my original tickets were ordered in my old address.

Don’t really wanna have to call them again since it was 1.5hours on phone. Maybe I’ll wait another few weeks.
Just so long as I actually get a refund I will be happy
If you don't cancel by tomorrow you may not have an option to get a refund. The official announcement says we have to cancel by cop today. What they offer after that point is anyone's guess but I would assume wont be a refund as why else put the firm deadline in

In terms of the "upgrade price" the reason I mentioned this is that for the original partial refund it was given as just the dates but there are lots of rumours flying that Disney is looking at the number of days you used your pass and other factors to work out the discount. These other factors could include upgrade price so I'm using this as a minimum I should receive type thing as to me this is the lower of the 3 values I've calculated:
  1. Refund if they just do the number of days valid left on pass = $621
  2. Refund if they look at how many days I used my pass for (6) = $619
  3. Refund if they only give me back what I paid to upgrade my pass = $535

Either way for me I think it was worth the refund but it was such a tough call as I may get in a January trip. I just decided it wasn't worth the risk of loosing out on the refund.
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post

Black out dates don't look like they are being refunded which adds another level of complexity in all this! Honestly its a mine field. BTW parks were closed for 117 days in total - not sure if yours had black out dates over Easter maybe making it 107?

Either way for me I think it was worth the refund but it was such a tough call as I may get in a January trip. I just decided it wasn't worth the risk of loosing out on the refund.
If you look at that link I posted it does not seem Disney is looking at how many days the pass was used for, but rather how many days you could have used the pass before the parks closed in March - in my case from Nov 30 to March 17 was 107 days, but this includes the xmas blockout which I probably should remove.

So basically how long you could have used the pass for (regardless if you used it or not) deducted from the price of the pass, gives you the refund (less any partial refund already made)

This actually seems a fair way of doing it- if I got my Math right!
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

They cannot take into effect the number of days you actually used the pass. If you had 2 identical passes bought on the same day and expire at the same time it does not matter to the refund amount if one was used every day up to the closure period or if one was used only once, both would get the same amount.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

If you look at that link I posted it does not seem Disney is looking at how many days the pass was used for, but rather how many days you could have used the pass before the parks closed in March - in my case from Nov 30 to March 17 was 107 days, but this includes the xmas blockout which I probably should remove.

So basically how long you could have used the pass for (regardless if you used it or not) deducted from the price of the pass, gives you the refund (less any partial refund already made)

This actually seems a fair way of doing it- if I got my Math right!
Thats what I assumed good to know that is how its been done

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
They cannot take into effect the number of days you actually used the pass. If you had 2 identical passes bought on the same day and expire at the same time it does not matter to the refund amount if one was used every day up to the closure period or if one was used only once, both would get the same amount.
Although you say this lots of reports of CMs telling people that is how they are doing the refund. I agree they shouldn't but whether they do is another question. I personally doubt they will but as said numberous reports online of CMs telling people this is exactly what they are doing they are looking at how long you have left, how many days you have used and any black out dates. Why they are telling people this I have no idea.
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Thats what I assumed good to know that is how its been done

Although you say this lots of reports of CMs telling people that is how they are doing the refund. I agree they shouldn't but whether they do is another question. I personally doubt they will but as said numberous reports online of CMs telling people this is exactly what they are doing they are looking at how long you have left, how many days you have used and any black out dates. Why they are telling people this I have no idea.
Probably because the calc they put on the website is poorly worded and hard to get your head around at first, even harder to explain it on the phone the way Disney have on the website.

Basically what they are giving is a pro rata refund- taking out the period you could have used the ticket before the March closure and refunding the rest.
Old 11 Aug 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Probably because the calc they put on the website is poorly worded and hard to get your head around at first, even harder to explain it on the phone the way Disney have on the website.

Basically what they are giving is a pro rata refund- taking out the period you could have used the ticket before the March closure and refunding the rest.
Yep I think you are completely right! I think they have really not worded it well and people have ended up being given false information as they go along. I was just told rest of the pass would be refunded but I don't have black out days anyway so nothing to worry about there
Old 11 Aug 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I used a spreadsheet but whether its right or not I don't know

Yeah its things like the discounts etc I don't know if they will take into account or not. Also don't forget you may have also got some value out of it for parking on previous trip or discounts so it wont be the full $350 you've wasted if that makes you feel any better.

If you don't cancel by tomorrow you may not have an option to get a refund. The official announcement says we have to cancel by cop today. What they offer after that point is anyone's guess but I would assume wont be a refund as why else put the firm deadline in

In terms of the "upgrade price" the reason I mentioned this is that for the original partial refund it was given as just the dates but there are lots of rumours flying that Disney is looking at the number of days you used your pass and other factors to work out the discount. These other factors could include upgrade price so I'm using this as a minimum I should receive type thing as to me this is the lower of the 3 values I've calculated:

I already have emails proving I requested a refund and a phone call. So that better be sufficient for today’s closing date
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I already have emails proving I requested a refund and a phone call. So that better be sufficient for today’s closing date
Ah OK I thought you meant you were waiting to cancel! I'm taking the email as proof too. Just looked and weirdly my ticket is still active so not sure whats going on. I assumed it would disappear today
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Oh well I didn’t get around to calling anyway, so hopefully I’ll be able to use it at Easter at least.