Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Sep 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Those booked for an onsite Disney stay next year...

Will you still stay onsite if the usual perks are still absent?

We currently have 5 nights at BC club booked before 14 nights in a villa. We booked this pre covid, and prior to having this years holiday ( 14 nights YC) cancelled. Only paid deposit to far.

Starting to think that without free magic bands, 60 day FP, emh, ability to book 10 days of ADRs, Dining plan ( free or paid for)- it really isn’t worth the inflated price.

I know there is no answer at the minute- but wondered which ( if any) of these benefits are likely to come back next year- regardless of whether Covid is still the same problem it is now?

Anyone else thinking of cancelling onsite stays in light of this?
Endless Summer 2023

Edited at 07:43 PM.
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If things go back to normal but Disney don’t return the perks then we’ll probably stay at the Dolphin because we love that location. Actually, if there’s no free dining or room discount we’ll probably go with the Dolphin. We have it booked with a £15 deposit and free cancellation just in case.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Same, we are currently in a 1 bed in OKW next June but cant justify the expense if nothing changes so will definitely be looking at off site alternatives
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
If things go back to normal but Disney don’t return the perks then we’ll probably stay at the Dolphin because we love that location. Actually, if there’s no free dining or room discount we’ll probably go with the Dolphin. We have it booked with a £15 deposit and free cancellation just in case.
I think we would look at Swan/ dolphin as the ne t alternative as same location- is it significantly cheaper?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
I think we would look at Swan/ dolphin as the ne t alternative as same location- is it significantly cheaper?
We found the Dolphin on Travel Republic for around the same price as a Disney moderate - actually it’s quite a bit cheaper than POFQ. We’re going to keep an eye out once the direct prices are released in case we can get a better room for the price.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Not going next year but have tentatively booked the swan for 5 nights for 2022 with a £15 deposit.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

I'm sure I read somewhere that beach club was closing indefinatly along with another disney hotel.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rachv38 View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere that beach club was closing indefinatly along with another disney hotel.
Some resorts don’t have a re-opening date yet but I don’t think any are “closing indefinitely”.

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

We booked with Disney for the first time for next year and got to select free magic bands. I thought it was for bookings made next year?

We booked for September, and the way we see it is we have until July 17th to commit and pay in full (or lose £100), so no real worries. Hopefully things steadily come back over the next year.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
We booked with Disney for the first time for next year and got to select free magic bands. I thought it was for bookings *made* next year?
There was a cut off date which was sometime in March I think for free MBs. We just got in there.

Trip Report Index