Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 08, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

2 canon 400d questions

Hi folks!
Thinking I might need a spare battery for Florida.
Has anyone bought any of the compatible non-Canon brands from Amazon etc? Any thoughts?

Also, I bought the hard case for the camera cos I got it for£4.95 at Curry's but now need something to take the 55-250IS lense too. Any lightweight suggestions?
Lesley
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 08, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I bought the compatible batteries from 7dayshop - think it was 2 for about £11 and have fitted them in my battery grip - not used them much but so far so good.

Have a lowepro case but will eventually get a better rucksack/backpack - warehouse express had a good selection and some of them were not too pricey.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 08, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SnapperJohn
Imagineer

In the 'Olden days' when I used to lug cameras around for a living I much preferred a 'belt and pouches' solution as offered by Camera Care Systems: ccscentre/ click on 'Classic' and the 'Belts' - the advantage of this is it lets you carry your spare lenses, etc while keeping your hands free for the shot.

No I am no longer on the road the 'smokin hot wife' says I have replaced the camera belt with a spare tire!
2005 - Villa in Highlands Reserve.
2007 - Personal credit crunch!
2008 - Highlands Reserve - can you see a pattern here?
2009 - Been back to the Highlands - Reserve that is!
2010 - Opps something went wrong here...
2011 - Normal service resumed!

2012 - Our Silver Anniversary trip!
SnapperJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 08, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Malcolm
Imagineer

I got a backpack case for all my canon stuff and can even get my 500 lense in it but also have a smaller case to just take what i need to the parks also got a spare for the battery grip bothe came from ritzcameras in Florida Mall but also try Walmart/Target/BestBuy
Malcolm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 08, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The tutor on my course recommends 7 day shop for batteries, he swears by them.

I use a Crumpler Pretty boy bag for my camera and spare lens.

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 08, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Treacle44 View Post
The tutor on my course recommends 7 day shop for batteries, he swears by them.

I use a Crumpler Pretty boy bag for my camera and spare lens.
Thats where I bought my lense from

Off to have a look at the Crupler bags. Thanks!
Old 17 Jun 08, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Another 7DayShop battery fan here! Their remote shutter releases are dirt cheap, too.

I use a Lowepro shoulder bag that holds my 40D, Sigma18-200OS and an external flash. However whilst on holiday I expect I'll simply shove the camera in a large waterproof bag (resealable freezer bag type of thing) and put it in the rucksack we use for all the toddler gear (nappies, spare clothes etc). It should be pretty well padded!
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 08, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post

I have a tamrac bag for my 400d - you can get them in all different sizes depending on how many lenses you have.

Worth a look!
Old 18 Jun 08, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TopFloridaFan
Apprentice Imagineer

TopFloridaFan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I bought the 7 day shop batteries and I reckon they are better than the canon original ones
TopFloridaFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 08, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

I've bought a few compatible batteries off Ebay, they were extreamly cheap and work perfectly. I've also bought a camera grip and shutter remote off their for next to nothing aswell.

As for a bag I've got a Lowepro Micro Trekker 200, which is more than adequate. I tend to carry the 400D three lenses, a sony handycam, spare batteries etc... and still have room for other essentials that we need on a day at the parks.
Closed Thread