Notices

Old 24 Aug 09, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We did an R V trip back in 1995 from Oakland (across the bay from S F) to Yosemite then Death Valley, Las Vegas, Arizona and back up through BigSur. We still talk about it to this day. You are in for such a fabulous time and you'll get to see more on the USA rather than just the touristy areas.
ENJOY!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We did an R V trip back in 1995 from Oakland (across the bay from S F) to Yosemite then Death Valley, Las Vegas, Arizona and back up through BigSur. We still talk about it to this day. You are in for such a fabulous time and you'll get to see more on the USA rather than just the touristy areas.
ENJOY!
Exactly Geoff, that's why we want to drive instead of flying from place to place. It's going to be soooo amazing!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
HTML Code:
****UPDATE****

I have just ordered 2 Thorpe Park tickets and £30 of Pizza Express vouchers for the day before we fly Our intention all along has been to travel to Pinewood Hotel in Slough early Saturday morning and drop off our cases for the hotel to store, then go to Thorpe Park for the day. I wasn't sure how many Tesco vouchers I had, but luckily I had enough for Thorpe Park and a meal at night. There is a Pizza Express approx 2 miles from the hotel, so this is where we are going!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Hi Tracy,

Sounds like a brilliant start to your holiday - It will be here before you know it!

Karen x
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 09, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
****ANOTHER UPDATE****

Tonight we have bought tickets for the KA Cirque de Soleil show at the MGM, Vegas. Really looking forward to this show after seeing La Nouba in Florida and we got discounted tickets, as it is Cirque's 25th anniversary the 2nd ticket was $25!

Old 3 Sep 09, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
****ANOTHER UPDATE! ****

I have now booked the Travelodge at London Heathrow for Friday 2nd October, 2 days before we fly! This is to save driving down very early on Saturday morning to go to Thorpe Park, now we can make our way after work on Friday. On Saturday night we are still staying at Pinewood Hotel, I'm not swapping this one as we're looking forward to it!

Old 3 Sep 09, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

It's all coming together Tracy. Do you much more to book?
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 09, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
It's all coming together Tracy. Do you much more to book?
Not much more now, we need a 1 day hopper for Disneyland and tickets for Knott's Berry Farm. Some stuff we will pay for as we go, incase we don't do all that's planned. We're trying to be careful with our money.

The other main things that we want to do are another show at Vegas & helicopter over the strip. A boat trip on Lake Powell, Palm Springs aerial tramway (may book this actually), Monterey Aquarium, Hearst Castle (possibly depending on time and location), a winery or 2, biking Golden Gate Bridge and Go Cars or a city tour.

See not much!

Old 3 Sep 09, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Glad you managed to decipher what I was asking...why is it I can read and re-read what I've typed and it looks ok until I read it a few hours later and see that I've missed a word or two out!

Anyway... good job you've still got a few more booking days before you go ...I love the planning stage. I'm so excited about your trip...
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 09, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
***Yet another update! ***

I have cancelled Bashful Bob's Motel at Lake Powell and booked at Lulu's Sleep Ezze Motel instead. It's $79 compared to Bob's $39 per night, but I noticed that Bob's has had a few bad reviews on tripadvisor lately. Dirty rooms, lost bookings and one traveller found clothes in the wardrobe and food in the fridge that belonged to Bob! What a shame, all of the previous reviews had been good.