Notices

Old 25 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Last Min Family Vegas Vacay 17th July 2019 - Day 4: Various Attractions & VEGAS! The Show

A bit of a longer sleep in this morning as it was such a late one last night. Decided that for tomorrow we would do a half day Hoover Dam trip with our city pass so had to book that online 24 hours before so got that all booked and confirmed. Then we were up, ready and out by 9am heading to Planet Hollywood Saxe Theatre box office to secure tickets for tonight's showing of VEGAS! The Show. Tickets in hand for 7pm show tonight (again saved a fortune having the pass but didn't take a pic of tickets ) so off to Earl of Sandwich for breakfast. $41.06...the French dip sandwich was soooo tasty!

After this we had a bit of a walk ahead of us to do the attractions at the other end of the Strip. First we went to MGM Grand.

Then over to The Excalibur...

And then through to The Luxor. We wanted to do Titanic Experience and Bodies Exhibition in here. Should have cost us $35 each per attraction but all included in our pass so saved us a total of $350!

You're not permitted to take any pics in either attraction but we all really enjoyed both.

New York New York next. Our passes allowed us to ride on The big Apple Coaster (saved $15 each for a ride). It was brilliant, a bit shoogly as us Scots would say! Thought I had whiplash when I came off lol

Liked the vibe in NY NY. Boys were getting peckish so DS1 & DS2 grabbed a quick slice and a coke and DS1 really wanted crinkly chips from Nathan's.

Spent quite a bit of time in here looking round, the boys all loved Houdini's museum as they all like magic.

Back over we went to MGM for the CSI experience. It wasn't opened yet when we were in there earlier!

I really enjoyed this but DH didn't and put no effort in. I was in full blown investigator mode and proud of my certificate lol

Had a browse through some shops in MGM and these really made me laugh...

Left MGM and went along to Showcase Mall for dinner in the food court. DH had a curry from Indian Express, said it was one of the best curries he's ever had, really enjoyed it!

Me, DS1 & DS 2 had Panda Express...

And DS3 had pizza from Sbarro...

It was 5.30pm so we had enough time to walk back to Bally's to put our bags in before going to Planet Hollywood for the show.

Show was amazing! All great singers and dancers telling the story of old Vegas. Costumes were fabulous! Loved the full head gear the showgirls wore.

Show finished at 9pm and we'd had a long day and had to be up early in the morning for our pick up for Hoover Dam. Back to Bally's to hit the hay 😴

lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 25 Jan 20 9:43 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Love these reports, some great ideas for future trips.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, you really are fitting loads in, very impressive! I like the sound of the Titanic exhibition!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List