Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Jan 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

things to do in the evening for kids at disney springs?

Dd really wants to go to cirque de sol while we are there but I know the boys won't sit through it so wondering if there is anything they can do while we go to see it?

They will be 14 & 8 - I know there is the bowling but that is a no go with the youngest -
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

The nba experience if they’re interested in basketball.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

the cinema

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ey-springs-24/
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Dd really wants to go to cirque de sol while we are there but I know the boys won't sit through it so wondering if there is anything they can do while we go to see it?

They will be 14 & 8 - I know there is the bowling but that is a no go with the youngest -
there are ramps/bumpers for smaller kids bowling
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Is The Void still there? Virtual reality thingy. If so, that, without a doubt - it was INCREDIBLE. Just reeeeeeally expensive
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
there are ramps/bumpers for smaller kids bowling
Thanks
the big issue is he's liable to go into melt down and end up throwing a bowling ball at someone or doing a runner we are working on it we've been going to sensory friendly sessions to work on improving his ability to cope but at the moment its not worth the risk esp as I wouldn't be there to deal with him.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks
the big issue is he's liable to go into melt down and end up throwing a bowling ball at someone or doing a runner we are working on it we've been going to sensory friendly sessions to work on improving his ability to cope but at the moment its not worth the risk esp as I wouldn't be there to deal with him.
Ah, if your son has sensory issues then I might reconsider my advice about The Void. You have a big, heavy helmet/backpack on that convers your face. Also it really feels like you are in whatever world they're currently doing - it was Star Wars when we went and you literally felt like you were in a Star Wars movie! You can't see the room around you and the people you are with all look like eg. Stormtroopers. You can get straight back to reality by taking the glasses off but it could be quite unsettling for someone with sensory issues.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Ah, if your son has sensory issues then I might reconsider my advice about The Void. You have a big, heavy helmet/backpack on that convers your face. Also it really feels like you are in whatever world they're currently doing - it was Star Wars when we went and you literally felt like you were in a Star Wars movie! You can't see the room around you and the people you are with all look like eg. Stormtroopers. You can get straight back to reality by taking the glasses off but it could be quite unsettling for someone with sensory issues.
Thanks
def sounds like it might be a no go for little man but sounds like something ds1 might enjoy so will look into that
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Thanks
ah apologies... just assumed you thought he was too young

good luck
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
ah apologies... just assumed you thought he was too young

good luck
No need to apologise I should have been clearer in my first post