Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Unread 15 Jan 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
VIP Dibber

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Getting through immigration at Gatwick

Does anyone have recent experience of how long it took them to get from the plane to outside the airport at Gatwick? I'm looking at train tickets for our homeward journey and the best price (as usual) is for tickets that are only usable on the train that they are bought for. Our plane is due to land at 7.40am (on a Monday morning if that makes a difference) and I'm looking at trains around 10.50am. Does that sound reasonable?

Edit to add, I realise that there are all sorts of things that can change here - late landings, multiple planes landing at the same time, etc - but I'm just looking for a reasonable idea that I can base my decision on.

Thanks.

Edited at 03:30 PM.
dpmcalister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
GCSE success reward
Unread 15 Jan 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Excited about Disney

LGW has a really good immigration channel especially for adult EU travellers (Over 12) as you can use the scanners.

If not collecting suitcases I average about 40 minutes from touchdown to out.

If collecting suitcases I average about 70 minutes from touchdown to out.
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Rosen @ Pointe & CSR
Unread 15 Jan 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Very Serious Dibber

Back in November we landed at 0845 from MCO. We had two cases each and despite only one train working on the link between the terminals we managed to catch the 0946 train to Cambridge with a couple of minutes to spare.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back in
Unread 15 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Our last flight through Gatwick was in November from New York. It took about 40 minutes from touch down to walking out of the airport, most of that was spent waiting for our cases which always tend to be last. 🙄
We skipped quite a bit of the queue at immigration due to having kids with us though.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando and beaches trip
Unread 15 Jan 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Going on previous times I would say about an hour.

2015 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Southern Dunes here we come!
Unread 15 Jan 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
VIP Dibber

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This is all great. Seems like my timings are enough to give us a moment to get some breakfast before the journey home which will be a boon Thanks.
Unread 16 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

plane to immigration was about 20 min, then took an Hour for our PE bags to arrive. All the bags were mixed even Upper Class. Was not impressed.

Virgin at Gatwick also use 2 baggage belts for a 747, but rather putting PE and UC on one and Economy on the other it was just a free for all.
Unread 16 Jan 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
If your flight is on time, you'll likely have a fair bit of time sitting around waiting for your booked train.

I'd be tempted to get an any time ticket if it costs a little bit more, as you'll likely be tired and just wanting to continue your journey.

Definitely buy a ticket in advance though. The ticket hall at Gatwick is always horrendous with a whole heap of people having just arrived in the country trying to figure out what sort of ticket they need.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last-minute week in the sun
Eat and Play Card