Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Still looking forward to have a ride in these. DW on the other hand 3 hours without a toilet stop would do her in.
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen the photo of one guest having to zip wire from the top of one of the gondolas over the water! Think I'll srill stick to the buses.

ETA: Just seen the later posts saying this was a training still but it still indicated this is the way out for some potentially!

What are the arrangements for toilets, does anyone know? Or is it clench and think of the dehydration as a silver lining? There's water and cooling pads in the emergency kits but I'd definitely need the toilet in 3 hours. Knowing my luck I'd get on vaguely needing the loo!

Edited at 08:10 PM.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Perhaps they are not cooling pads and are for other purposes lol.
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MSG
Trying for More Ears

It crashed at the Riviera station, gondola pile up coming into the station. Thats why they stopped the line, it was not a power failure, it took, so long because they had to deal with the
Station situation before getting the people out.
MSG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

We got stuck on the Epcot route for an hour last Monday. Had to get off at Riviera resort and walk to the bus stop at CBR. Disney were giving out bottles of water. I dont plan to ride it again. Someone in our carriage had a dessert party booking and ended up being late.
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
They are vented (top vents and also behind/beneath the seats) and they have emergency water/cooling pads inside (if needed).

It may be uncomfortable and not particularly nice in the heat, but I think death is a bit OTT.

Disney could think about "I survived the Skyliner.." t-shirts as a spin off
Have you actually ridden on one ? When we was stuck for an hour last week it was raining outside at 7pm so no bright sunshine and overcast and it got incredibly hot inside the cabin as no breeze etc. I wont get on one again.
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Disney's newest addition to their transportation system which only opened 29 September 2019 seems to have suffered a power outage which appears to have left some guests stuck for more than 2 hours.

Guests stuck in their gondolas were instructed to use the emergency kits located beneath the seats, the emergency kit includes water and cooling pads.

Reports are saying that one of the gondolas departing the Riviera Resort station became stuck causing gondolas behind to pile up which then caused a shut down of the system.

The Reedy Creek Fire department were quickly on site with cherry pickers to start evacuating guests stuck in the air. There doesn't seem to have been any reports of injuries.
Thank you for this Stu
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

We rode this last Thursday from HS to Epcot and back again just to 'try it out'. On the way it stopped for 5 minutes. On the way back it stopped on and off. The longest time being about 15 minutes. All we were told through the speaker was 'The Disney Skyliner is temporarily delayed.'
As mentioned by a previous poster, the pods are breezy when moving but when they stopped it got really hot in there! It was around 4:30pm and after 15 minutes it started to get uncomfortable. I know this incident was in the evening but I can't imagine what 3 hours would be like. All we could hear was the sound of it creaking when it moved about in the wind which made me nervous and I'm not usually afraid of heights nor am I claustrophobic.
I thought they should at least play some Disney music through them - otherwise it's a bit of an awkward silence if you're in there with others!
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
We rode this last Thursday from HS to Epcot and back again just to 'try it out'. On the way it stopped for 5 minutes. On the way back it stopped on and off. The longest time being about 15 minutes. All we were told through the speaker was 'The Disney Skyliner is temporarily delayed.'
As mentioned by a previous poster, the pods are breezy when moving but when they stopped it got really hot in there! It was around 4:30pm and after 15 minutes it started to get uncomfortable. I know this incident was in the evening but I can't imagine what 3 hours would be like. All we could hear was the sound of it creaking when it moved about in the wind which made me nervous and I'm not usually afraid of heights nor am I claustrophobic.
I thought they should at least play some Disney music through them - otherwise it's a bit of an awkward silence if you're in there with others!
Imagine It's A Small World playing on a loop while stuck on there for 3 hours. 🤢
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Luckily one of my friends currently there had just got off it at her resort hotel when the incident happened. I got to ride it during the CM flights the week before it opened,and we were chatting between ourselves about getting stuck. As its "self air " generated whilst moving we wondered what it would be like to stop. Apparently some of the CMs we knew had been on it when it had stopped for about 15 minutes during the day. Like an oven was the description!
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List